Most Compatible Sound Card for Radio Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacombMonitor

What it the most compatible choice in Sound Cards these days, when working with all the various communications software/decoders that are in mainstream use today?

Thanks!

cristisphoto

Sound Cards

For Desktop windows PC
Pretty much anything with a micin ans speaker out etc.
Of course Creative is among, if not, the best

MarkWestin

Hello,

The Creative Labs Sound Blaster (any variation) is the "Industry Standard". I used to tell everyone to get at least a Sound Blaster 16, but I don't think they are making that one any more.

Mark

cristisphoto

It depends...

it DEPENDS ON YOUR SYSTEM, bUDGET
laotop verese desk etc
I use a External soundcard usb for Laptops
just because its louder....

Soo SHOP lOl

MacombMonitor

I truly appreciate all the advice! I guess I should have included more detail in my original post however.

I currently have a high-end computer, with a decent SoundMAX integrated digital sound card. It's currently meeting all my requirements, and working fine. I'm also very familiar with all the Sound Blaster products, and agree, most of them are great!

My concern is that I recently purchased an Icom PCR-1500 computer controlled communications receiver. I'm able to control the radio via the USB interface, and even capture the audio output from the same USB cable for recording. The PCR-1500 also has an output for Packet. I have read about various software for use with this type of port, but some of it was written for particular sound cards, or works better with some, and not so well, if at all, with others. So that is what I'm asking...is anyone using any type of decoding software, and what has been your experience with the various sound cards?

Thanks again,
Bill

amusement

SoundMAX is a class of AD1985 AC 97 audio CODEC. It is NOT full duplex and will leave
you in the hanging if you try to record one source and listen to another. I know...I have one integrated into an ASUS P4P800 motherboard.

Creative Sound Blaster LIVE! --- is a good choice under $30 USD. I use an old Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

MacombMonitor

amusement said:
SoundMAX is a class of AD1985 AC 97 audio CODEC. It is NOT full duplex and will leave
you in the hanging if you try to record one source and listen to another. I know...I have one integrated into an ASUS P4P800 motherboard.

Creative Sound Blaster LIVE! --- is a good choice under $30 USD. I use an old Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

Right you are! So far it hasn't been an issue, but that is why I'm looking into alternatives. Ah yes, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz...good stuff! I think CompUSA still sells them, for much less than Creative's SB's.

Thanks for reminding me about them!

Status
Not open for further replies.