most dangerous city

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nec208

What is the most dangerouscity city to be a cop or just live in?

I thought Detroit ,Baltimore and Washington, D.C.are the most?I don't think LA or Sacramento is that bad ,just more crazy people than dangerous.

And for robbery,B&E,theft,guns,car theft and shootings Detroit I say :eek:

Don_Burke

nec208 said:
What is the most dangerouscity city to be a cop or just live in?

I thought Detroit ,Baltimore and Washington, D.C.are the most?I don't think LA or Sacramento is that bad ,just more crazy people than dangerous.

And for robbery,B&E,theft,guns,car theft and shootings Detroit I say :eek:
Google it and find out.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento, CA

It depends on what factors you use to determine "dangerous". Do you mean the city with the most shootings, or homicides, or gangs, or ???. The other factor to consider is are you talking about just the "CITY", or the entire metropolitian area around a city?

Here in Sacramento, it depends on exactly the part of town and the type of "danger". One oddity is the upside-down horse-shoe shaped city limits on the south side. There are places where it is county (outside the city limits), where it should be city. Go any direction 10 miles and you are inside the city; some good and some bad.

I tell people Sacramento is one of the worst places in the nation. You don't want to live here.

N

nec208

It depends on what factors you use to determine "dangerous". Do you mean the city with the most shootings, or homicides, or gangs, or ???. The other factor to consider is are you talking about just the "CITY", or the entire metropolitian area around a city?
Thats what I mean like shootings,guns,homicides and gangs!!

I tell people Sacramento is one of the worst places in the nation. You don't want to live here
The worst for what robbery or gangs?

RC54730

gmclam said:
I tell people Sacramento is one of the worst places in the nation. You don't want to live here.
LOL. California has gotten pretty bad. Parts are still nice though - I was up in Northern California a while ago, still nice country there. The tax situation is pretty hideous though, I know a guy who just pulled his whole company out of there and moved over to NV - they're saving millions on taxes now. I wouldn't want to live in CA these days - the cost of living in a lot of places is about the same as it is in NY, but without the wall st. compensation... ugh...

I agree about Sacramento - drove through there once and it really seemed like a pit.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
RC54730 said:
I agree about Sacramento - drove through there once and it really seemed like a pit.
South Sacramento is "good" fodder for lots of exciting scanner traffic. Some nights I'd swear I am listening to a war with all the gunfire going on. I frequent other places and take my scanners with me, but don't hear near as much "excitement" as I do here.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Camden NJ has had the honer of being the most dangerous city in America several years. Its a bad place trust me, I had to drive through that **** hole every day for a long time for work. I listen to their police often from the safty of my house of course, its non-stop 24/7 action. Its not the bigest city but I think they go by the per capita crime rate, because every day one or two or more people are getting shot and killed in Philadelphia and they're like 24th on the list and Camden is 5th. Philly is a freaking war zone!

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Read the caption

Skypilot007 said:
Camden NJ has had the honor of being the most dangerous city in America several years. Its a bad place trust me... It's not the bigest city but I think they go by the per capita crime rate, because every day one or two or more people are getting shot and killed in Philadelphia and they're like 24th on the list and Camden is 5th. Philly is a freaking war zone!
That list is posted with the following:
NOTE: Cities with 75,000+ population. The rankings are based on a city's rate for six crime categories: murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and motor vehicle theft.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Back in October 06 we went with our daughter to a Band of America championship in St. Louis. Just after we got back, they announced it was the deadliest city in the US!

N

nec208

On the list St. Louis is 2 or 3 :eek: I thought Washington, D.C had the most B&E and Detroit the most shootings.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Detroit has made it to the top of the list so many times, it probably earned a spot in the Guinness World Records! With the bad economy, especially in Michigan, and all the corruption in Detroit's Government, I anticipate this summer could really get bad!

Go-24

Not sure who it is now but it used to be Gary, Indiana. For years it was known as the murder capital of the world.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Go-24 said:
Not sure who it is now but it used to be Gary, Indiana. For years it was known as the murder capital of the world.
My dad grew up there. He said that his mom was always having the lights outside her garage broken. She was robbed on multiple occasions. Most of the downtown area was burned down by arsonists. It was bad...

It's number 17 on the "most dangerous" side of the table.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.