Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator

a417

Some forums have bots that parse messages to prevent the Founder & CEO from having to jump in to point people towards stickies, wonder if something could be applied in this case?

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Some forums have bots that parse messages to prevent the Founder & CEO from having to jump in to point people towards stickies, wonder if something could be applied in this case?
That is a good point, but if they have an issue with their eyesight and use a screen reader that may not help. I would say that could be a reason they did not select to contact the broadcaster or report a problem issue using the image links on the feed pages. If an alt tag is not enabled with the image/button, I doubt a screen reader is unable to parse and read it aloud. I do not see an alt tag in the HTML for those image button links for the feeds.

It is rather difficult to miss those buttons if one's eyesight is 20/20 or corrected by some means.

a417

That is a good point, but if they have an issue with their eyesight and use a screen reader that may not help. I would say that could be a reason
I totally agree on every point, but I assume The Great Blantoni's time is valuable, and if a bot could have done what he did...he could have done...something else. :ROFLMAO:

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
He's only "great" on his days off like the rest of us. ;) Anyways, it's probably just an edit on two files or a stylesheet to add the appropriate alt tag for those images. Oh, I forgot about Dashboard. Perhaps a few more edits to add on the list of things to do that never ends.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Also, they did just get a hurricane run right off the coast?

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
no, not when the first post was June 2nd and the remainder were from July 8th. these are necroposts

Status
Not open for further replies.