MOSWIN on BCD996T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfd40

Feed Provider
I have a chance to get a Uniden BC996T from a friend. Can anyone advise that this scanner will pickup the MOSWIN system? I didnt want to spend the cash if it is no better than the Radio Shack unit I am currently using.

scannerowner

What was your issue with the RS scanner? Digital isn't too bad, it's just the concept behind it that gets confusing.

ccfd40

Feed Provider
What was your issue with the RS scanner? Digital isn't too bad, it's just the concept behind it that gets confusing.

Sorry for not explaining, the RS scanner is not digital. My agency and others around us use MOSWIN and I really just wanted the Uniden so I could listen when im not in my vehicle.

scannerowner

Oh ok, sounds good. I see you're in Shell Knob, I was down there last week, but didn't bring the scanner with me to tell you how good it works. I'm sure it'll be fine, but like I found out, the actual radios are obviously better than the scanners.

ccfd40

Feed Provider
Ya, my fire department has a handful of the MOSWIN radios. We only use them at this point for interop but the sheriffs office, city pd, highway/water patrol & others in the area are using it for most everything. Thanks for your info, I'm sure I will have more questions when I get this thing & get ready to program.

Status
Not open for further replies.