MOSWIN Troop C Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickP1130

Premium Subscriber
May be a stupid question but I'm relatively new to trunked scanning and I am looking to program some MSHP talk groups into my scanner, more specifically the Troop C ones. Going through the database I noticed there are a huge amount of sites, and many of them overlap each other, such as the St. Charles Simulcast site and the Weldon Spring site. My question why are they overlapped like that, and can I receive MSHP radio traffic on all of them, or are they only broadcasted on one site, and if they are only on a few specific sites, how do I know which one to program? Thanks for any help!

nd5y

Find all the sites near you and check the control channels for signal strength. Use the strongest ones. Post what type scanner you have and maybe somebody can give you a better idea of what will work.

Normally you will only hear a specific talkgroup on a specific site only if there are radio users tuned to that talkgroup and close enough to that site so the radio affiliates to it. I don't know they have the system configured in places like the St. Louis area where there are both VHF and 700/800 MHz sites on different RFSS in the same area.

Ignore the range circles in the database. Those don't reflect actual real life radio coverage. In real life the site coverage has to overlap some in case a site goes off the air there will still be coverage.

626hawkeye

Premium Subscriber
You will hear traffic on both if in range. I listen to Sedalia 700 and when traveling I hit the Auldiville tower both transmit troop A. On the sedalia 700 I get troop f from time to time. Just pick the one closest to you with the strongest signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.