Motion Picture freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB9LIQ

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
They are getting ready to shoot the movie "The Informant" and I was wondering if anybody knew what freq's they might be using? They fim next week across the street from my house so it would be fun to maybe hear whats going on

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Movie Production Freqs

I'd search in the 466.0-469.9875 range. Might also try 461.0-464.9875 - this will be loaded with biz-band repeaters, but you might catch some simplex production-related comms there as well. Most (if not all) of the freqs I've heard used in connection with movie production in Chicago over the past few years (Batman, Wanted, etc.) have been in these ranges. Major productions often use seperate freqs for different activities related to the shoot (director, photography, lighting, sound, effects, production assistants/crowd control, security/police, transportation, etc.). If you're really "gung ho", you can scan the active freqs you've found with one radio while continuing to search with another - that way, you won't miss the action while looking for new freqs.

Don't forget to post the freqs you find!

Kevin

KB9LIQ said:
They are getting ready to shoot the movie "The Informant" and I was wondering if anybody knew what freq's they might be using? They fim next week across the street from my house so it would be fun to maybe hear whats going on

ecps92

Try also the 457/467 Fast Food channels, those have been used heavily for Filming in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts over the past few years.

KB9LIQ said:

ILbandit

F.Y.I.
For anyone that is down around Decatur, they are filming a movie right now out at the ADM plant with Matt Damon in it.
It's a movie about the bad ADM price fixing scandal from the 90's.

Probably some good listening around there also.

KB9LIQ

Banned
Happened to get by them shooting at the mall yesterday but didn't have any radio equipment with me but the radios they had where motorola CP200. They had the Warner brothers logo engraved in the front of them but still not sure what band

KB9LIQ

Banned
I found this today while they were filming near my house 461.3375 But I think they had another channel to

ecps92

Many times they will have more than one channel.

Production
Safety / Engineering
Food [Very Important]
Transportation
Stagging
Chit-chat

KB9LIQ said:
I found this today while they were filming near my house 461.3375 But I think they had another channel to

Status
Not open for further replies.