Yaesu: Moto Base & Palm Mic for Yaesu FT-991A

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I'm sure I'm not the first to look into this... I would like to use a Motorola Base Mic and a Motorola Palm mic with my Yaesu FT-991A.

Since Motorola has so many mic's that look the same but have different part numbers, I thought I would turn to this forum since I'm sure somebody has already researched and even tried to use one. If you can provide a moto part/model number I would appreciate the help.

Thank you,

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I reached out to a buddy that uses a Moto Palm with his 991 and asked about the model. I have used it myself and received an unexpected RF burn, as the metal mic holder on the back is wired up by default. Ensure you disconnect that before use. If not, you'll remember to do it pretty quick.

He's out of town at the moment and probably does not know the mic model number right off. The wait may be a while. Additionally, I do not remember any complaints about my audio when using it.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I thought it was the potato, but he said it is a Vertex Standard like the one in the image. He will let me know the model number on Sunday or Monday.

VX-4100_06180041.jpg

cmdrwill

I use the Motorola HMN3413A mic AKA "GM950 mic"on my ICOM HF radio with excellent results. I also used the same mic on the Yaesu FT897 and Motorola Spectra radios. They will require a adapter cable with a couple resistors in it. This is the ICOM to the Moto mic adapter cable.

That Vertex mic would probably work with a simple adapter cable or a wireing change in the mic.

Attachments

• Icom Mot mic ad.jpg
    Icom Mot mic ad.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.