• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Moto Centracom Gold series chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xipe

Hi all, let me start by telling you that this is all for HOME use.
With that said. I have recently obtained an old De State police Centracom gold 5 bay (+2 corner) unit I very much want to use here at home. Thing is tho, I'm finding VERY little info on the actual chassis on the net..sure I find things about the system but nothing on the chassis. It's a shallow rack hence standard PC rack cases hang out the back. I also would like info on LCDs that would fit in these. Anyone have links for me or info please? Thank you so much!
CDG
I assume install was the right place to put this question...sorry if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Do you just have the remote operator, or do you have the CEB equipment also? LCD's? You mean like, a monitor? Centracom gold consoles are extremely complex, difficult to program, and require racks of common equipment separate from the console itself. I hate to say it, but if you're here asking these sorts of questions, you're probably in over your head.

Xipe

No, I just have the racks :) and want to use these as my home control center.

Last edited:

N9JIG

Sheriff
I used CentraCom2 racks I recovered from a Comm Center renewal I helped with. I had one at my house and it allowed me to rack mount radios (I had R-7000's at the time) and I saved 2 well-shelves that just happened to fit my radios perfectly. For a year or so the kid came back and I lost my home office/second bedroom so I moved my mini-rack to the bedroom:
Rack5.jpg

Basically I just used the shell, none of the electronics except speakers were saved. (I used them on a later version of the shack) I put a wood shelf on the very bottom that held a 50 amp Astron power supply that fed all the radios and helped keep the assembly steady. Without this the thing gets front heavy, it was designed to be set up with multiple modules and with a bend to give it stability and a single module like this doesn't provide it.

I did not use the desktop since I only used the single module. If you have the desktop the I suggest you use it, they are great.

You can find equipment racks for many radios or have them made. I made a rack for work that fits in 3 CDM1250's, an Astro Spectra, a BCD996T and a Cimarron MDC decoder. I used an aluminum sign blank, cut the edges to fit the opening, cut the centers out to fit the radios with the Troy Command Console faceplates, then painted it with black spray paint:

Scanner.jpg

While this isn't in a CentraCom the rack sizes are the same and it fits a full bay.

nightwatch

a block of wood in the bottom of the opening or use a wall mount for your lcd's.

Attachments

• IM000292.jpg
    IM000292.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,204

P25CT

Great forum topic, ok just picked up some series II consoles and gutted the old dusty boards from them. They were stored for some tim ein a metal container outdoors so they have some corrosion and wear.

This question is for paint, does anyone know how to obtain the charcoal/blackish paint be it by motorola or any manf? If not has anyone used some to repaint that is pretty darn close to factory?

As for lcd screens, there is a manf. that has rack mounts for 15" lcds and some 17" lcds that recesses the screen, however, get ready to shell out some serious cash. Middle Atlantic Products is the manf.

Thanks to all, and please, if you have any info on paint, pls let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.