Moto HT1250

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfab

I know I'll get blasted (I always do) for having a professional radio, but I recently purchased an HT1250. The seller programmed it for me, but I wanted to add some freqs. I had it programmed as receive only (and quite frankly thats the only way I'll carry it).

If anyone can help me out with adding a couple freqs, and possibly programming some buttons, please let me know!

Thank you!

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
integrity

1.adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
2.the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.

Honor
honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions: a man of honor.
a source of credit or distinction: to be an honor to one's family.
high respect, as for worth, merit, or rank: to be held in honor.
high public esteem; fame; glory: He has earned his position of honor.
the privilege of being associated with or receiving a favor from a respected person
, group, organization, etc

jfab

integrity

1.adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
2.the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.

Honor
honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions: a man of honor.
a source of credit or distinction: to be an honor to one's family.
high respect, as for worth, merit, or rank: to be held in honor.
high public esteem; fame; glory: He has earned his position of honor.
the privilege of being associated with or receiving a favor from a respected person
, group, organization, etc
Again...I'm confused.

Can anyone else help me with programming this radio?

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Uh.... Jeffrey, that made no sense. Just FYI. That's the furthest off topic I've seen a thread go. Lol

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
You are probably going to have a tough time getting any assistance with moto model. Most motosnobs avoid waris series radios big time.

scanlist

Poor construction. Durability issues. Going brain dead when the internal Lithium Ion battery fails. Usually having to send problem radios to mother M for service.

Not a lot of love for this series from the hardcore radio types.

jfab

Poor construction. Durability issues. Going brain dead when the internal Lithium Ion battery fails. Usually having to send problem radios to mother M for service.

Not a lot of love for this series from the hardcore radio types.
It only makes sense that I'd spend that much money on a radio that has problems! lol

Hopefully it will hold up for the casual listening in my house, as opposed to the rough usage those radios see on the streets.

mancow

Database Admin
The 1250 is nowhere near as bad as everyone says. Tens of thousands if not more are out on patrol every day and night and they work just fine. I have seen only one failure in our five years of using them.

The construction isn't that much different than a freakin XTS2500 but that has P25 so everyone is all bedazzled as if it's filled with solid gold.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
The construction isn't that much different than a freakin XTS2500 but that has P25 so everyone is all bedazzled as if it's filled with solid gold.
LOL! I found out (the hard way) that a XTS 2500 makes a poor wheel chock for a fully loaded fire engine! You'd think that for how much those SOB's cost, they'd even cover that damage under the warranty, but no... :)

scanlist

Back when portable radios could pound railroad spikes into the ground G.E. had promotional material showing an MPA with the back wheels of a truck dead center on the chasis while the radio was still working. Good luck finding anything as durable in the new line of portable radio technology.

Sorry Waris series radios are toys compared to Genesis, Saber and Jedi series radios.

jfab

Back when portable radios could pound railroad spikes into the ground G.E. had promotional material showing an MPA with the back wheels of a truck dead center on the chasis while the radio was still working. Good luck finding anything as durable in the new line of portable radio technology.

Sorry Waris series radios are toys compared to Genesis, Saber and Jedi series radios.
I would have to agree with you there. I was racing a friend of mine with my MPA on my belt across a parking lot. The MPA fell off and hit the pavement probably 7-8 times before it came to a rest in a puddle. Walked over to it (expecting it to be dead 3 days after I bought it), and the most damage it had was a few wet scratches.

But you also have to look at how much lighter and easier to carry the new radios are. Officers and firefighters have enough heavy stuff to carry as it is, why make the radio one of them?

Just my two cents worth...

resq197

I would have to agree with you there. I was racing a friend of mine with my MPA on my belt across a parking lot. The MPA fell off and hit the pavement probably 7-8 times before it came to a rest in a puddle. Walked over to it (expecting it to be dead 3 days after I bought it), and the most damage it had was a few wet scratches.

But you also have to look at how much lighter and easier to carry the new radios are. Officers and firefighters have enough heavy stuff to carry as it is, why make the radio one of them?

Just my two cents worth...

If it doesn't work, it doesn't matter how much it weighs or how easy it is to carry.Give me Saber, a MT1000, or even an HT1000 anyday. It's also nice to know that your radio can be used as a backup weapon and still function... try that with a Waris and you'll end up with a fist full of broken plastic. I don't think Motorola even marketed them to public safety.

-Brian

If it doesn't work, it doesn't matter how much it weighs or how easy it is to carry.Give me Saber, a MT1000, or even an HT1000 anyday. It's also nice to know that your radio can be used as a backup weapon and still function... try that with a Waris and you'll end up with a fist full of broken plastic. I don't think Motorola even marketed them to public safety.

-Brian

The only suggestion I have to help keep your radio working well is do not use the belt clip. Get a carrying case. The battery clips if used create problems because it pulls on the radio bending and or breaking the battery clips that hold it tight to the radio.. Then when you walk it starts doing the power up beep... Gets annoying quickly.. We have around 30 in service.. The guys that carry with beltclip have problems.. I carry in a nylon case from Moto - no problems with mine for over 3 1/2 years wearing it easily over 40 hours a week.

These radios are not as durable as a jedi dropping it but I've seen one run over by a Dodge 2500.. still worked.. just couldnt get the battery off and display was cracked. Wish I woulda took a picture of it before getting it repaired.

Basically treat it right and it shouldn't let you down. Mine hasn't yet.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
The only suggestion I have to help keep your radio working well is do not use the belt clip. Get a carrying case. The battery clips if used create problems because it pulls on the radio bending and or breaking the battery clips that hold it tight to the radio.. Then when you walk it starts doing the power up beep... Gets annoying quickly.. We have around 30 in service.. The guys that carry with beltclip have problems.. I carry in a nylon case from Moto - no problems with mine for over 3 1/2 years wearing it easily over 40 hours a week.

These radios are not as durable as a jedi dropping it but I've seen one run over by a Dodge 2500.. still worked.. just couldnt get the battery off and display was cracked. Wish I woulda took a picture of it before getting it repaired.

Basically treat it right and it shouldn't let you down. Mine hasn't yet.

Mine got wrecked because (at the time) I was NOT using a belt clip! Tell me...how do you wear that fancy case on your bunker gear??? I guess you'd need a belt clip wouldn't you?
I guarantee you I use a belt clip now!

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Uh.... Jeffrey, that made no sense. Just FYI. That's the furthest off topic I've seen a thread go. Lol

Experted sours catenas knitters. Speech meteors savingly, rumor,
cuttage. Pricey, ales paniers rouped? Bobbers, miladi, canon, manfully
plugger skysails prelate. Droskies gumdrops balling mesons biocide
sharked bridging.

Dawnlike igloo foremost novelize. Bellied endogeny ranked entitled
saloop serdabs dunted fleshly. Mythos, lyssas fossa hondas. Fease
descried scarfs. Bugged palazzi ledgiest? Niggard, equinity feedbags
essayed. Absolute ravens, lemonish, bawty. Disparts kinases boff
overcook litigate methane.

Leukoma byname bagel, overstay leman. Detentes, cackle, sonars hatters
meth neutral silts quaffing sorghos gummed! Roomed mumu.

...and never carry a /\/\oto with you!
PM sent to OP

Last edited:
Mine got wrecked because (at the time) I was NOT using a belt clip! Tell me...how do you wear that fancy case on your bunker gear??? I guess you'd need a belt clip wouldn't you?
I guarantee you I use a belt clip now!

Very easily.... If wearing my coat. goes in radio pocket on coat... If wearing my pants.. Case snaps onto the straps to tighten the waist... I use a speaker mic on it all the time so it stays in the case or pocket and I don't have any problems dropping it.

So no... I don't need a belt clip. Im guessing your radio was wrecked from the fall... Not the battery issue I was talking about that is prevented by not wearing the clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.