Moto TRBO Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I am attempting to scan a DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Multi Site (TRBO) on an SDS200. The control channel keeps fading in and out. I will go from having an RSSI of -70 and full signal bars to an RSSI over -100 and no signal bars. I do not seem to be missing any parts of the conversation, however. Can anyone comment on why this may be happening? This is the first system of this type that I have ever tried to monitor. Do these control channels always act in this manner? I am used to a P25 system where the control channel gives off a constant signal. This is the system.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I am attempting to scan a DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Multi Site (TRBO) on an SDS200. The control channel keeps fading in and out. I will go from having an RSSI of -70 and full signal bars to an RSSI over -100 and no signal bars. I do not seem to be missing any parts of the conversation, however. Can anyone comment on why this may be happening? This is the first system of this type that I have ever tried to monitor. Do these control channels always act in this manner? I am used to a P25 system where the control channel gives off a constant signal. This is the system.

Cap+ systems do not have a 24-7 control channel. When one of the channels becomes active, one of the other channels becomes a rest channel and will beacon. After a period of inactivity on whichever LCN was active, it will end up just beaconing periodically. Your scanner is doing what it is supposed to do.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks Mike, that was the answer I was hoping for.

Welcome. It's not the greatest explanation, but my mind is elsewhere right now. CON+ systems have a dedicated control channel, as do Type C NXDN systems. Cap+ and Type D NXDN / IDAS systems do not have a dedicated control channel.

Mike

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Ok, one more question. According to the database, Security on this system which is by far the most active TG, is listed as DEC 100. My SDS200, however, consistently shows it as DEC 101. Is this the same TG using different time slots?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok, one more question. According to the database, Security on this system which is by far the most active TG, is listed as DEC 100. My SDS200, however, consistently shows it as DEC 101. Is this the same TG using different time slots?

no. The database may simply be wrong. If you determine differently for the top groups on Aultman, please submit any updates you have to the trunk system and will make the changes.

m

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
As others have said, Cap+SS/Cap+MS does not have a continuous control channel. The system beacons every 1.92s to let the radios RSSI roam and know the system is there. If the subscriber doesn’t hear the beacon for a set period of time, the radio (if it has a display) will show ‘Out of Range’ on its display and the LED indicator will flash orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.