• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Moto type II smartzone programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsxfire

EDBM
i know the G5 does not trunk track a moto type II system, but that there is a way to put the frequencies in so that i can hear all the transmissions. the system i’m trying to do is digital. i currently have each frequency minus the CC programmed into individual knobs and then knob 1 set as a scan for them all. i have the protocol type set as CSQ. since the TGs are digital will that work i should i use DVOA so it can decide the digital traffic? with my current setting at CSQ i’m just getting the digital noise whenever there is a TX
TIA

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Well if it's digital it should be setup for phase 1 or 2 operations not analog. These can do phase 1 and 2 operation but have to be setup properly. The old legacy analog smartnet systems no. I suppose on a barely busy system one could makeshift follow in scanning the channels as conventional. But would be easier to use a scanner for that.

mdsxfire

EDBM
it’s not a P25 i have about 20 of those setup, it’s moto smartzone typeII with digital TG, i know it won’t actively track the TGs but i saw a post when i first got the pager 3 years ago about how to round about listen to all activity on a typeII but i can’t find that post on here

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
it’s not a P25 i have about 20 of those setup, it’s moto smartzone typeII with digital TG, i know it won’t actively track the TGs but i saw a post when i first got the pager 3 years ago about how to round about listen to all activity on a typeII but i can’t find that post on here

Here is how I have a Type II system set up, each freq in individual knob/channel (photo 1/2), then another knob/channel (photo 3/4) set up to scan and each freq added to the scan list. I use a generic NAC and wildcard for talkgroups, with no CSQ (using CSQ makes it look for analog). Screenshots below, I'll be happy to respond to questions. Note: It doesn't pickup all, but most traffic.

EDIT: For some reason the forums is cutting off the bottom of my photos. Sorry

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Last edited:

mdsxfire

EDBM
Here is how I have a Type II system set up, each freq in individual knob/channel (photo 1/2), then another knob/channel (photo 3/4) set up to scan and each freq added to the scan list. I use a generic NAC and wildcard for talkgroups, with no CSQ (using CSQ makes it look for analog). Screenshots below, I'll be happy to respond to questions. Note: It doesn't pickup all, but most traffic.

View attachment 126227View attachment 126228View attachment 126229View attachment 126230
so u have each individual frequency setup as selective call and for the protocol ur using P25C

Status
Not open for further replies.