• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MOTO vx2100 and CE-82 NB WB ?? help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimthehamnut

Hi,

Newbie to programming the vx2100-G6 using CE-82 software on Win10 Pro platform and FTDI chipset cable. Cable is working fine and so is the software (Version 5.01) however when programming for use in the uhf Ham band I set each channel for wideband but after downloading to the radio, all channels are changed to Narrowband. I am supposedly using the EXP (export?) version and not the USA version according to the download of the software (CE82_Setup_EXP_5_01_wide.zip). I understand the USA version will not allow WB programming and my software is acting like it IS the USA version. (See attached before download and after download pictures below). By the way, I have unchecked the SC column in each channel as I do not want to scan them. I have also added the TOT on all channels as I do not want to transmit longer than three minutes for each channel.

As you can see in the "before download" picture all channels are set for W5. (What's difference between W5 and W4?)
After download, you can see the channels have been automatically changed to narrowband. I have tried to answer both YES and NO in the little pop up as seen in the "before download" picture with no change on the results. All channels go to Narrowband. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there a setting in the software to change this? I really need to get it to allow WB for each channel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

BEFORE DOWNLOAD PICTURE
before download.jpg

AFTER DOWNLOAD PICTURE
after download.jpg

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I'd almost check it with a service monitor to see if it is in fact transmitting narrow or wide.

That being said, is the radio Motorola branded or Vertex branded?

radiotweester

from the help menu -
All software is 12.5KHz unless it's "export and you'll need the wideband recovery tool if you're going to use it in normal 2M 440 spaced HAM bands

1615760015033.png

radiotweester

I timed out and missed your first paragraph regarding EXP software.
The radio may need the wideband recovery tool. i believe V1.03 is current.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.