• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorbo programming help. Xpr7550e

MKerrigan90

I have a 7550e, have programmed in a local repeater, verified timeslots and color code. When I key up the repeater I receive green light and full signal feedback but no ID or audio. I tried using the parrot to test with the same issue. I’m brand new to DMR so I am assuming I’m just not programming something incorrectly. Any help would be great. I’m using CPS 16 to program.

MKerrigan90

Noted, I'm in North Jersey trying to get into the NJ2PC repeater that is linked to Bronx Trbo. I have programmed in some of the talk groups, not all. I see my xpr acknowledging traffic via the signal meter but hear nothing. When I try to do a test on the repeaters parrot tg 9998 I do not a reply.

Last edited:

daugherh

Premium Subscriber
@MKerrigan90 make sure that you have your digital contacts configured properly. One time I mistakenly created a bunch of them as private calls instead of group calls, etc. and had tons of time spent racking my brain as to why it wouldn't work only to find out it was that simple mistake.

If that doesn't fix it you are welcome to shoot me a copy of your codeplug file and when I have time to look at it (can't do it at work because of software restrictions) I'll see if anything obvious jumps out at me.

CanesFan95

Analog already is interoperable.
The way DMR works is when you first key up, there's a quick handshaking in a split second. After that, if your HT is keyed up and transmitting, then you know the repeater has accepted your transmission and is repeating it.

It is quiet possible that you won't hear anything back. Parrots often don't work.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Parrot is a private contact whereas the “talk groups” are typically group calls. Verify your time slot programming and also verify the TG status as either part time ( where you need to key to activate it ) or if it’s a full time TG ( where it doesn’t need to be activated)

Also make sure your TGID’s you are correct for the system you are on. Brandmeister sometimes has different talk groups than DMR Marc for the same thing.

MKerrigan90

Yesterday I started fresh with a blank code plug, I programmed in a repeater in my area that is not linked to a system but rather has the talk groups posted on there website. NJ TRBO TALK GROUPS – Nj Ny Pa C bridge. I put in all the rx contacts in as shown on the website with the proper talkgroup id (caller id). When I went to key up I got a message that the channel was busy, to me it was a good sign I was making some progress. The only issue is I am still not hearing any traffic or seeing id’s appear on the display. I am see the signal meter light up when there is traffic on the repeater but it’s dead silence. My zone has the scan list set to all of the rx contacts. I’m clearly missing something in my programing. Ive search for some good video instructions on YouTube for programming mototrbo but I only find cps programming for Chinese radios which is similar but not Motorola format. Also to note I have tested the radio on analog it works just fine with tx and rx.

MKerrigan90

You don’t need RX contacts. Also make sure you do not have any encryption enabled or a
I miss spoke, I meant the talkgroups in the digital contacts, and then created Rx group list. Also RAS is set to none and there is no privacy.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday I started fresh with a blank code plug, I programmed in a repeater in my area that is not linked to a system but rather has the talk groups posted on there website. NJ TRBO TALK GROUPS – Nj Ny Pa C bridge. I put in all the rx contacts in as shown on the website with the proper talkgroup id (caller id). When I went to key up I got a message that the channel was busy, to me it was a good sign I was making some progress. The only issue is I am still not hearing any traffic or seeing id’s appear on the display. I am see the signal meter light up when there is traffic on the repeater but it’s dead silence. My zone has the scan list set to all of the rx contacts. I’m clearly missing something in my programing. Ive search for some good video instructions on YouTube for programming mototrbo but I only find cps programming for Chinese radios which is similar but not Motorola format. Also to note I have tested the radio on analog it works just fine with tx and rx.
Do you have reception on anything analog?

If you are 100% certain on your codeplug, check analog for tx/rx. You could possibly be chasing your tail on a hardware issue…

katt02

Katt
Noted, I'm in North Jersey trying to get into the NJ2PC repeater that is linked to Bronx Trbo. I have programmed in some of the talk groups, not all. I see my xpr acknowledging traffic via the signal meter but hear nothing. When I try to do a test on the repeaters parrot tg 9998 I do not a reply.
From what I heard the NJ2PC dmr repeater is no longer linked. Not sure how or why, but its been like this for a while. Might explain the issues with those TGs.

MKerrigan90

started from scratch with a blank codeplug, inputed the K1DO repeater in Martinsville. Same scenario with the radio. It will key up the talkgroups I programed. But I never hear anything from any of the talkgroups, scan list is on. The signal meter will light up as if there's activity on TS1, but still hear nothing. I'm about to shelve this radio....