Motorcyclists: BT radio interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Not that specific brand, but we have a parking enforcement officer using a bluetooth earpiece with a two way radio, and it works pretty well. Audio isn't quite as good as they'd like, but it's an earpiece only.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Not that specific brand, but we have a parking enforcement officer using a bluetooth earpiece with a two way radio, and it works pretty well. Audio isn't quite as good as they'd like, but it's an earpiece only.

One if their headsets or necksets might work for that application.

Sent via Tapatalk

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

KD4SHK

I have used a Sena SPH-10 headset paired with a SR-10 hub for about two years. The headset links wirelessly (bluetooth) to the SR-10 hub, as well as to a cell phone and a motorcycle-capable GPS. The hub connects easily to a variety of wired devices, including a handheld Ham Radio and any two audio inputs (I occasionally run a police scanner). A push to talk button on the handlebars allows me to communicate easily over the Ham radio.

This setup is a little expensive ($150 for the headset, $160 for the hub), but it works really well. Audio quality is great. I use a windsheild and a half helmet, and my transmitted audio is very good up to about 60 mph.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
If the SR10 works anything like the Sena SMH10:

Amazon.com: Sena SMH10-10 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset/Intercom: Automotive

Then I bet it works pretty good, I am really impressed with the SMH10, at low speeds callers are unaware that I am driving or even on a motorcycle.

I would like to try the SMH10 with With the Bluetooth Adapter Unit for Wouxun Radios:

Bluetooth Adapter Unit for Wouxun Radios [WXBAU] - $124.99

That Pryme unit looks interesting. Something else to check out.

Sent via Tapatalk

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I've got a pryme adapter on a ht750. The Bluetooth adapters really would shine if they were on mobiles on motorcycles (pryme does make mobile adapters). The only downside to the normal bt adapters from pryme ( besides Bluetooth is a little sketchy at times) is the need to still manually key ptt whether it be the button on the adapter or it be a wired/wired ptt adapter from pryme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5eda1f51ac53eef7b21690da9988ad43.jpg

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone tried using a mix of Pryme and Sena products?

Ultimately, it would be nice to have intercom with FM radio, and still able to interface with one handheld. (That way I could use one of my Kenwoods for ham use, monitor a scanner, or my issued XTS when responding to a call.)

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.