• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Motorist Killed After Train Collides With Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonar

I saw the train and was wondering why it was stopped with police everywhere. I didn't know what was going on, but I figured something happened.

I get home and end up reading the news about it. By the time I happened to pass the area, the van and body were already wisked away.

----

Motorist Killed After Train Collides With Van

POSTED: 5:43 pm PDT August 8, 2006
UPDATED: 5:46 pm PDT August 8, 2006

INDUSTRY, Calif. -- A driver was killed late Tuesday afternoon in a collision involving a train and a van, authorities said.

The accident occurred at 4:36 p.m. at South Fullerton Road and East Valley Boulevard.

"It appears that the driver had crossed a train barrier as the train was passing through," said Deputy Oscar Butao of the Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau.

The motorist, who was not immediately identified, died at the scene, Butao said. No one else was injured.

Sonar

Yet I keep seeing Darwin Award nominees waiting for traffic lights with their car on the railroad tracks!!! Just today I saw another idiot doing just that.

rananthony04

I do allot of driving, as I pick up the dead in Orange County. I see those Renzenberger vans all of the time. Those people are always in some kind of a rush, and on one occasion, I seen one drive around the lowered gates as a Metrolink train was approaching. I know that we all have seen and learned about the consequences of trying to beat a train. I've seen the consequence and it's not pretty. I think there needs to be more infomercials about auto/ped vs. trains, haven't seen any in a while.
Well, thats my two cents.

-Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.