Motorist Killed After Train Collides With Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonar

I saw the train and was wondering why it was stopped with police everywhere. I didn't know what was going on, but I figured something happened.

I get home and end up reading the news about it. By the time I happened to pass the area, the van and body were already wisked away.

----

Motorist Killed After Train Collides With Van

POSTED: 5:43 pm PDT August 8, 2006
UPDATED: 5:46 pm PDT August 8, 2006

INDUSTRY, Calif. -- A driver was killed late Tuesday afternoon in a collision involving a train and a van, authorities said.

The accident occurred at 4:36 p.m. at South Fullerton Road and East Valley Boulevard.

"It appears that the driver had crossed a train barrier as the train was passing through," said Deputy Oscar Butao of the Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau.

The motorist, who was not immediately identified, died at the scene, Butao said. No one else was injured.

Sonar

Yet I keep seeing Darwin Award nominees waiting for traffic lights with their car on the railroad tracks!!! Just today I saw another idiot doing just that.

rananthony04

I do allot of driving, as I pick up the dead in Orange County. I see those Renzenberger vans all of the time. Those people are always in some kind of a rush, and on one occasion, I seen one drive around the lowered gates as a Metrolink train was approaching. I know that we all have seen and learned about the consequences of trying to beat a train. I've seen the consequence and it's not pretty. I think there needs to be more infomercials about auto/ped vs. trains, haven't seen any in a while.
Well, thats my two cents.

-Robert

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
karldotcom said:
That victim was a Retzenberger driver that went around the crossing arms
The irony.... I see them used to shuttle UPRR staff in the Oakland area.

-Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.