• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola 16 Pin Radio - Use with Zello

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockinromac1

Feed Provider
Hello all, I'm trying to setup a 16 pin Motorola to work with Zello. I'm trying to figure out if I need to connect the PTT wire from the connector to something from the computer to make it transmit or if the radio will transmit when it hears audio through the Mic Audio. Thanks for any help!

kf8yk

The SM50 does not support VOX (voice activated) transmit, even if it did VOX is not the recommended method of PTT control.

You'll need a Zello radio gateway between the radio & the PC.

rockinromac1

Feed Provider
I wouldn't recommend that unless the budget allows.

A SignaLink with the correct interface cable is a much cheaper solution that would more or less offer the same capability. As long as you have the radio, PC and SignaLink grounded properly it will work fine.
Looks like we are going to be using a SignaLink, ill let you guys know how it goes.

rockinromac1

Feed Provider
Morning all, Got the Signalink setup. Having a few small issues:
Audio coming out of a radio listening to the transmission from Zello is quiet, when we try moving the jumper to increase the audio output, it gets distorted.

Anyone have any ideas?

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
I used a Roxitek gateway with ZelloWork, connected to a CDM750 and an Intel Compustick, as long as it has internet, it works great

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I would like to tie one of these network radios running android into a radio and cut out the computer entirely.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
That did help with the volume, although the sound does get distorted/muffled when increasing the amplifier.
Did you reset the jumper? Have you adjusted the TX knob?
I would like to tie one of these network radios running android into a radio and cut out the computer entirely.
Not sure how you could do that without building some kind of custom interface.

Uplink

I do a Zello interconnect with an Echolink R-1 controller, they are about $55 bucks on fleabay including a 16pin Motorola board.

Last edited:

tempestuous

Uplink,
I'm trying to do what you are, I have a R1, zello work and a Motorola CM 300. Can you advise on the CPS settings? I can't seem to get it to work properly.

a417

what CPS settings are you looking for? the pin settings?

tempestuous

what CPS settings are you looking for? the pin settings?
Yes pls. I'm using the commercial series cps I just can't figure out what settings for the accessory connector. The instructions with the R1 unit mention pin 3 etc.but the CPS only shows me pins 2, 4,6, 8 etc.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.