Motorola 800 mhz antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

For the last several months, there has been talk about the Radio Shack 800 antenna and the Austin Sprectre as to which one is the best. Well The local Radio Shack is no more so I thought, use the Motarola antenna, which I have lots of. Used to manage a Company that had 1500 800mhz sites all over the country. Well we closed and sold the licenses to Nextel and threw away 100'rds of radios. Using a Motorola antenna on a 396xt, with a male to male convertor beats looking for a Radio Shack. I really don't need a cell phone. You can get a dedicated 800 mhz antenna by using an old Motorola HT antenna. The adapter can be bought for $3.95 off the internet. Now the only problem is you touch the rubber on the antenna and the rubber cracks.

br0adband

I actually use Armor All on my "rubber duckies" every year or so, just give them a nice once over with a small cloth and some Armor All sprayed on the cloth. I've got a Diamond RH-C77A and a Radio Shack 800 MHz as well as many others that I've had for over a decade now, none of them show any signs of cracking or rubber damage of any kind - and I've been living here in Las Vegas for 8+ years now which happens to be one of the more arid and humidity-free places on the planet, just where rubber would end up drying out more than normal.

Can't hurt, and it's fairly cheap - the 12 oz bottle I bought about the time I moved back to Las Vegas is still the one I use, it's about half full. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.