Motorola 800 MHZ Setup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I have got the hang of setting up LTR Trunking Systems, However, I got into a Motorola 800 MHZ Trunking system today, MOT on the scanner it said.. When it stopped on the channels it showed the ID for the user BUT I could not save it? Can anyone tell me what I did wrong or what I have to change to set it to MOT? Change the bank over from LT for MO maybe?? Ideas? Suggestions?

btritch

Ok, I was on the right track then, that's what I was thinking, Set the Bank To MO but will it hurt to mix conventional frequencies with it also?
Set the bank to MO, Will that let me save the ID's like I've done on the LTR?

It's going to be awhile, What I'm listening to is 150 miles away, I only use it when I got through that area or to the lake like today when I went through...LOL

Thanks For Clarifying and confirming that for me though..

What about mixing Conventional freq's with it? Will that hurt anything? If So, I'll put them in the same bank as the other MO system that I've never heard a peep out of.. LOL

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
In "trunking 800" system I would not place two (2) different systems in one bank though! For instance, I have two (2) system in my area, with the same "fleet mapping" and different "control channels, but both have identical "TGID's" in them, and you would only be able to tell "which system ID was for "what purpose" based on the "frequency or control channel" showing in the display. In my case, 300-01 in one system is a trucking company, and in the other system it is a plumbing company. It's just best to place different systems in different banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.