• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola 800 Portable Stubby

Status
Not open for further replies.

evfd1625

Does anyone know if the older 800 stubby quarter wave antennas "work" on the 700 mhz frequencies? I've heard this antenna touted as a wideband antenna, covering 900 as well. However, I'm not sure if it's meant for 700 as well. The newer units with the same PN have new stamping showing 700/800 on the rubber now. I know performance wise they are less than ideal, however I carry my radio usually in my vest carrier pocket. The half wave antenna is tempting to use as a chew toy now. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The older stubby 800 antennas we used on our MTS-2000's were 800-900MHz. I put on on my analyzer and that's where it swept well.

They were a bit high on 700MHz, but for receiving use, probably fine. For transmitting, you might be better off with a 700MHz specific antenna.

evfd1625

I have them on a couple of PSMs that I rarely use. The state is all 800 at the moment, however I think we might have 1 site coming up with 700 frequencies, then there are the 700 interop frequencies that are in my radio, but never used. I'm not super concerned, but wasn't sure. I'll order a couple of the 7/800 stubbies and switch them out with the older ones as time goes by. Thanks

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
700 is part of the 800 band. It is the lower split.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

evfd1625

The ones I have are white base iirc. One of them came as a kit from a PSM made in 2002, well before 700 was even vacated.

Status
Not open for further replies.