• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Alert tone 1 duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffycc

Can anyone tell me what tone alert 1 duration is. I'm looking to program a unication g5 with the tone.
Unfortunately it's activating when ever someone talks on a trunked system. I need the following:
Minimum short digital tone duration in MS
Minimum long digital tone duration in MS.
Minimum gap between two digital tone Rx address in MS.

Thanks!

AdamHLG

Cant help you with duration but when I tried to program my G5 originally I had your problem of activation whenever anyone spoke. I realized I was setting up alerting completely wrong! Make sure you setup your D3 protocol parameter as a P25 Trunking (and under that protocol, I am using 100ms short / 200ms long / 1000 ms gap, and then set your talk group in D5 (alert mode tone, pick an alert tone, program the tone group frequencies (for me its 2 tone phase 1). In D6, click on your zone / function knob setting, then under binding feature, select "sub group feature" and under that, auto reset (or whatever you want), and then scroll down to bottom and select "sub group setting" and add the talk group, and then "enable". If you want to monitor the channel also select "alternatives - enable) otherwise G5 will stay silent until it alerts. I have 2 knob positions setup - one to stay quiet (alternatives - enable not selected) and another to monitor channel (alternatives - enable selected).

Not sure if this helps. When I first set this up, I tried to select the protocol under D3 as "2 tone" and I was going down the wrong fox hole!!!

If this does not help I will leave it for others to respond. Good luck!

Mr_Boh

Trying to figure out which alert you mean. First it's MCC, not MDC.

QCII spec calls for 1 second + 3 second alert with no gap.

Alert tone 1 is just 1000Hz tone for however long the dispatcher decides to hold the button. Alert Tone 2 which is the high/low is a 1 second alternate of 1000Hz and 2000Hz

jeffycc

It's on the Motrola MCC 7500 Elite Dispatch. It says Alert 1. I've been told its 1000 hz. It automatically times out when I hit it.

jeffycc

Cant help you with duration but when I tried to program my G5 originally I had your problem of activation whenever anyone spoke. I realized I was setting up alerting completely wrong! Make sure you setup your D3 protocol parameter as a P25 Trunking (and under that protocol, I am using 100ms short / 200ms long / 1000 ms gap, and then set your talk group in D5 (alert mode tone, pick an alert tone, program the tone group frequencies (for me its 2 tone phase 1). In D6, click on your zone / function knob setting, then under binding feature, select "sub group feature" and under that, auto reset (or whatever you want), and then scroll down to bottom and select "sub group setting" and add the talk group, and then "enable". If you want to monitor the channel also select "alternatives - enable) otherwise G5 will stay silent until it alerts. I have 2 knob positions setup - one to stay quiet (alternatives - enable not selected) and another to monitor channel (alternatives - enable selected).

Not sure if this helps. When I first set this up, I tried to select the protocol under D3 as "2 tone" and I was going down the wrong fox hole!!!

If this does not help I will leave it for others to respond. Good luck!

I just tried this, let's hope it works. Thanks!

Mr_Boh

Ok so the tones are generated by WAV files on the MCC. The Alert Tone 1 is a 6 second file. But you need to test this. You don't want to set it to 6 seconds since it's likely to miss. 4-5 seconds should be enough hopefully, but you really need to test.

Mr_Boh

Sorry - I edited after you replied. Safest thing would be to record the audio being transmitted and use something like Audacity to measure duration, but if you are letting it time out, I would say 4500-5000ms would be a good point to start testing. 6000ms is the full duration and if part of the transmission gets cut off because of scanning or something else, you are likely not to have the alert.

RBMTS

To turn off the page tone every time someone talks change the "Alert Tone" to None in the D4 settings for the lines that are for a P25 TGID. You also may want to uncheck the voice storage option, otherwise the recorder will keep a voice record of every transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.