Motorola Analog and APCO-25 (P1) systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE0GXN

What is the best way to monitor/trunk a Motorola Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface system?

I read on the wiki page that if it is recommended to just program in the control channels for APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive systems, so I am guessing the best way to monitor the analog/P25 systems is by entering the control channels along with all the frequencies at a particular site.......

Also, with the Exclusive systems, I am guessing you need to enter the alternate control channels along with the main control channel?

Last edited:

marksmith

Main and all alternate control channels at a minimum or you will miss activity.

Adding all the voice channels will not hurt anything.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

KE0GXN

Thanks for the help guys!

I only found 2 sites that I monitor on a system that have been rebanded. I am trying to read through the wiki information on how to get my scanner programmed appropriately, but I keep getting confused....

At the risk of me looking like an idiot, if you guys would be wiling to help me along some more, I would greatly appreciate it.

So, I got the control channel part figured out on the exclusive systems. No issues there.

My other situation is this..I got a 996T and I am using Freescan to program it. The 2 rebanded sites are on the OKWIN Motorola Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface system. They are the Vinta site and the Grove site. My question is, where do I get the rebanding table to enter into Freescan MOT/Custom Reband Type II software table?

To confuse me more, I also read on wiki that the OKWIN system is one of the systems using a completely different band plan than other systems.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Rebanding

I also tried using the 800ta.org callsign resource site, but I can't get it to work or search for anything....

Last edited:

KE0GXN

Got it done and receiving traffic good....However I thought I would pass something along for anyone who runs into what I ran into.

Initially I entered the rebanding table as shown, but used the Frescan auto-upper and it changed the upper to something different than what was specified on the band plan. Went out to within 10 miles or less of the tower and could not receive a lick, even though I showing full scale bars for the site.

Ended up manually changing the upper frequency back to what was specified on the band band plan and starting receiving traffic crystal clear. Freescan changed the upper to 851.0000 for some reason, put it back to 854.0000 and everything worked good.

Anyhow, thanks all!

marksmith

You were receiving the control channel fine (full bars) but because of the wrong rebanding data, it was not taking your radio to the right voice frequency.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.