Motorola. And p25 phase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danzan77

Hi all, have a question. Can anyone tell me if Motorola and p25 are the same. I have unidens bct15x and my location is in Toledo oh wheich uses p25 phase1 , northwest oh Regional public safty. Can anyone tell me if I'll be able to receive this.
Thank you
Dan

fyrfyter33

P25 is a standard, while Motorola is a manufacturer. The MARCS system is a P25 type system made by Motorola.

No, your BCT15x, won't pick up this system. You need a digital scanner, like a BCD996P2 or one of the whistlers. Check out scanner master for a list of available digital scanners.

wdz

Feed Provider
Motorola makes radios. P25 is a digital format that some radios use. Some Motorola radios do P25, so do many other manufacturers.

In either case the BCT15X is not digital capable and can't listen to anything P25.

troymail

Silent Key
Hi all, have a question. Can anyone tell me if Motorola and p25 are the same. I have unidens bct15x and my location is in Toledo oh wheich uses p25 phase1 , northwest oh Regional public safty. Can anyone tell me if I'll be able to receive this.
Thank you
Dan

Given what appears to be the context - in terms of system types, "Motorola" is an old(er) type system which in many cases was analog voice. They later deployed mixed analog/digital voice systems and full digital voice systems.

"Project 25" systems are a more recent fully digital voice system.

As others have already indicated, the BCT15X is analog capable only.

Status
Not open for further replies.