• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola and Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
I am having a problem after getting a new laptop programming the minitor V and the Ht 1250. Does anyone know if there is an update with the software to support Vista? ANd if so how to get it. The FD that I work with bought the software 2 years ago and now we need to update.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Motorola CPS/RSS do not work with Vista nor do they have any updates to support it at this time.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Motorola ships their software these days with dire warnings about not even thinking of installing the programs under Vista or trying to use them if you somehow figure out how to install it that way. However, having said that, some people have reported success with using the "Run as..." feature of Vista for both installation of the software and operation of it, to run Vista in XP compatibility mode. I myself am not daring enough to try that on my department's radios, so I'm donig all my programming on a real XP machine, and that's what I'd recommend for now.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Finally got live person from Motorola to call me and yes you are right, they dont have any software and wont any time soon.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I recently attended a training session for a certain model of CPS where the instructor told us that the problems with Vista and CPS are formidable, and not to expect a Vista version any time soon.

Astro25

I won't touch any of the CPS I own on my Vista machine. Always handy to have an XP/DOS kicker around...

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
Vista and CPS

Remember: the first update you do to a computer with Vista on it is erase it and load XP!

Larry

zz0468

QRT
Banned
n2hbx said:
Remember: the first update you do to a computer with Vista on it is erase it and load XP!

Exactly what I'm doing. My wife bought a new laptop with Vista. We pulled the factory hd out, replaced it with a larger one, and put a fresh load of XP on it. Now, if the laptop has a problem, the original drive goes back in before it goes in for service.

N1GTL

Database Admin
The BIG /\/\ just released 12.00.00 for Astro25 series radios and in the release notes it says it will run on Vista. I know that doesn't help you with the HT1250 but they are working on it. They came out with a bunch of new releases of CPS and some firmware this week, including HT1250 software/firmware but that said nothing about working with Vista.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
wildbillx said:
I am having a problem after getting a new laptop programming the minitor V and the Ht 1250. Does anyone know if there is an update with the software to support Vista? ANd if so how to get it. The FD that I work with bought the software 2 years ago and now we need to update.

I just completed the official Motorola CPS course (been using it for a few years already anyhow) and the official word from the instructor when the question came up was "no Vista support for CPS and no idea when it will be ready, but they're working on it".

zz0468

QRT
Banned
wa8pyr said:
I just completed the official Motorola CPS course (been using it for a few years already anyhow) and the official word from the instructor when the question came up was "no Vista support for CPS and no idea when it will be ready, but they're working on it".

As I said in a previous post, I got exactly the same message about a month ago, doing exactly the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.