• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

motorola apx7000 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

here's my story. guy bring's his apx7000 to me. mind you, i'm not real technically versed. i can figure out a few things. i had been able to go into the zones, using the select method. today, he tell's me he cannot get it to go into another zone. i could not either. after my fourth attempt, i was able to get it into the zone he wanted. i scrolled thru the channels by using the select channel button, instead of the scroll knob. all was fine. he leaves, comes back, can't get it back into the same zone. i try, noithing. it keeps reverting back to his first zone, which is what it was originally doing.....help ? . signed, PERPLEXED.

scannersnstuff

no, do it thru the zone, and the arrow keys. works in other respects. can get into all zones, except the one.

PhillyPhoto

Can you create a new zone and mirror how the other one is setup (without actually copying it) and then delete the old one and see if maybe that zone was bad?

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
I'm thinking that the home button membrane could be stuck and it keeps sending the radio back to Zone 1 Channel 1. If you have CPS try to disable the Home Button feature and see if that fixes it.

scannersnstuff

both of you have valid points, however, i cannot program the radio. no software. and i don't have the expertise to fix a stuck membrane either. i think he's sol, without a radio tech. thank you both.

hitechRadio

It needs a Firmware Update to R12.00.00. (The latest release as of this date) This was a rare issue and fixed in 12.00.00 FW revision.

Problem: When selecting a zone radio reverts back to the last selected Zone.

Temporary Fix: Until he gets it updated, take the radio out of scan, before selecting the zone. This should allow selection of the zone.

The problem seems to be when the radio has both ABC zone select and menu zone select. And the radio is in the scan mode, for the problem to happen. Also it seems to occur when switching from a Zone with Trunked TG to a Zone with a conventional channel.

Have him Get it updated and problem should be fixed.

If he has the APX CPS subscription the FW is available free on MOL.

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

It needs a Firmware Update to R12.00.00. (The latest release as of this date) This was a rare issue and fixed in 12.00.00 FW revision.

Problem: When selecting a zone radio reverts back to the last selected Zone.

Temporary Fix: Until he gets it updated, take the radio out of scan, before selecting the zone. This should allow selection of the zone.

The problem seems to be when the radio has both ABC zone select and menu zone select. And the radio is in the scan mode, for the problem to happen. Also it seems to occur when switching from a Zone with Trunked TG to a Zone with a conventional channel.

Have him Get it updated and problem should be fixed.

If he has the APX CPS subscription the FW is available free on MOL.
***EXACTLY CORRECT*** - original poster <op> . thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.