• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola astro 25 cps announcement group

Status
Not open for further replies.

videowebhd

Premium Subscriber
Motorola astro 25 cps Announcement Group

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to the Motorola APCO P25 trunking . I got the Astro 25 cps R20 with a XTL2500 radio and in Trunking personality " Announcement Group " how can it be defined . Where i can found the good ID i need for every talkgroup i want to add .... for Exemple i got a Talkgroup with 3 id 4700,4719 and 4758 which Annoucement group i need to select for that .....

i Hope im clear ;)

Thanks in Advanced !

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
You need to talk to your system administrator to find out if they use an announcement group and if so, what it is.

videowebhd

Premium Subscriber
I cant contact them. i just need to monitor this network and i cant contact the admin, But i know they use announcement group.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Looks like you're trying to listen to this system: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5492

Can I ask why you have a Unit ID entered if you are only monitoring?

Unfortunately, the system admin can select any talkgroup as an announcement group. You'll need somebody local who might know it or you'll have to contact the system admin (who is probably reading this thread and will likely try and brick your radio) or you'll have to setup some sort of monitoring program and see if you can figure it out for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.