• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Astro CPS Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Im planning on contacting motorola monday or in the middle of next week, I can only guess its around $300-$500 maybe if im right, I mean thats a hefty price for such a software for a particular radio, I might as well stick with sabers.

Does the price vary or is it all the same no matter what type of radio it is, CPS is the same just different versions for each radio models?

I highly doubt motorola would even allow me to purchase the software i am only wanting, though if i was able to buy it, i dont have to visit a shop an hour away everytime im wanting to fix something or add anything.

Saves me 30 dollars per visit.

Thanks for anyone

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Which CPS are you referring to? The price varies between CPS packages, versions and between customers.

For instance, my MOL account shows that Astro25 Portable CPS, part number RVN4181AG is available for $265.00. The mobile/portable version, part number RVN4186AG is $375.00.

All of the software purchased from Motorola comes with 3 years of support, so if the software is updated, you just go to your MOL page and download it.

The first thing you need to do is set up an MOL account. Then you sign the agreement and then they will "allow" you to see the software for purchase. Add it to your basket and check out. You will then be able to download it and use it. They used to send me hard copies of the CD, but I haven't seen one in a year or so.

EDIT:
They let me buy the MTS2000, HT1000, Astro25 and the Astro CPS. I am an end-user. If they let me buy it, they'll let anyone buy it. The newer Astro25 Portable CPS will program several of their top-end radios, i.e., XTS5000, XTS4000, SSE5000, XTS2500, XTS1500, MT1500 and the PR1500. Older RSS packages typically only programmed a single type of radio.

Last edited:

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Which CPS are you referring to? The price varies between CPS packages, versions and between customers.

For instance, my MOL account shows that Astro25 Portable CPS, part number RVN4181AG is available for $265.00. The mobile/portable version, part number RVN4186AG is $375.00.

All of the software purchased from Motorola comes with 3 years of support, so if the software is updated, you just go to your MOL page and download it.

The first thing you need to do is set up an MOL account. Then you sign the agreement and then they will "allow" you to see the software for purchase. Add it to your basket and check out. You will then be able to download it and use it. They used to send me hard copies of the CD, but I haven't seen one in a year or so.

EDIT:
They let me buy the MTS2000, HT1000, Astro25 and the Astro CPS. I am an end-user. If they let me buy it, they'll let anyone buy it. The newer Astro25 Portable CPS will program several of their top-end radios, i.e., XTS5000, XTS4000, SSE5000, XTS2500, XTS1500, MT1500 and the PR1500. Older RSS packages typically only programmed a single type of radio.

Ummm my Astro Saber Specs here goes as:

SN - 465AWEXXXX
FC - 010001-000000-8
Model - H04KDF9PW7AN

Did i mention its from canada?

Dont think that is much help.

Im just wanting to get the Astro & XTS3000 CPS, I think it was version 05.02 something.... not sure.

I already sent in a registration request for an MOL to motorola last night so hoping they call me next week and ill pony up some money and maybe buy the particular software i want, no more constant visits to the shop, especially 45 miles away

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
The price I'm showing on my MOL is $276.00 and the part number is RVN4182V. Like I said earlier, the price fluctuates between versions,

It'll program the XTS3000 and the Astro Saber.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
The price I'm showing on my MOL is $276.00 and the part number is RVN4182V. Like I said earlier, the price fluctuates between versions,

It'll program the XTS3000 and the Astro Saber.

Then ill pony up atleast 280.00 then for that particular software for the radio, guess ill hold off on buying a rib box and cable for now. hopefully next month i could get it, if i get pass registration.

Thanks rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.