• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola ASTRO help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler3328

I have a motorola astro dashmount mobile. I am having issues getting it to power on. I have correct voltage to power input and to the ignition sense. Still will not power on. Presses the dim button to make sure it sit just dimmed. Still nothing. Have hooked these up many times with no issues. Never had this prob. Any help would be appreciated

cmdrwill

ID Number please. Then we will know more about the radio you have.

( the radios actual Model number is listed on the serial tag as ID:)

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
It's broke. It needs to visit a radio technician.

They're not worth much these days on the used market. It would probably cost you less to buy another working unit
than to pay a technician's rates to fix the one you already have.

cmdrwill

It's broke. It needs to visit a radio technician.

They're not worth much these days on the used market. It would probably cost you less to buy another working unit
than to pay a technician's rates to fix the one you already have.

Most all of us will disagree with you on that. Don't forget you are the one who abandoned your Hi pwr VHF Spectra.

cmdrwill

Elroy donated his abandoned Spectra to a non profit Ham group here. It will have a label thanking Elroy for his donation.

Status
Not open for further replies.