Motorola astro saber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigkat660

Hello everyone! I've been lurking around for a while and finally joined. Honestly don't know why it took me so long..... But from the looks of it, it seems like I'm in the right place because everyone seems to know their stuff... Time to get my first question out............. Ok so I have a MOTOROLA ASTRO SABER which I use a scanner and cannot transmit and just recently stopped working correctly. For some odd reason when Its turned on I get a sound like when the PTT button is pressed and stays on but goes off when transmissions come out but then comes right back when transmissions stop. Any ideas what could be causing this? Or where I can have this fixed in the Los Angeles area? Thanks in advance

icis_monitor

Hello everyone! I've been lurking around for a while and finally joined. Honestly don't know why it took me so long..... But from the looks of it, it seems like I'm in the right place because everyone seems to know their stuff... Time to get my first question out............. Ok so I have a MOTOROLA ASTRO SABER which I use a scanner and cannot transmit and just recently stopped working correctly. For some odd reason when Its turned on I get a sound like when the PTT button is pressed and stays on but goes off when transmissions come out but then comes right back when transmissions stop. Any ideas what could be causing this? Or where I can have this fixed in the Los Angeles area? Thanks in advance

did you just have it reprogrammed?? i have had this where it gets reprogrammed and the scaning is turned on but the list has nothing in it. the 5k shows Empty LIST and makes that low buzzing sound. is anything on the display??

Bigkat660

No i did not have it reprogramed, and the screen shows whichever channel I'm listing to..... No errors what so ever showing. But then while the weird sound is coming out I cannot push the SCAN or POWER button. I can only use the CHAN button to change from channel to channel

X

xts3000r

set the radio to mute all tones and see if it stills dos it

2wayfreq

That could be what's going on. I would loosen the two nuts on the bottom and slide the radio out of the housing. Check inside the housing for any stuck buttons and also check the silver button popples on the flex.

Bigkat660

ok fellas, i took it apart and checked the inside of the case and no buttons seem to be sticking out as we all thought. i even cleaned the insides of the radio with electronic cleaner and then made sure everything was dry before i put it back together and still nothing. maybe someone here knows where i can take my radio to get fixed. and if anyone is selling or know where i can purchase a radio just let me know... looking for an XTS5000 that's programed to LAPD,LASO,CHP,SCHOOL POLICE and other sorrounding PD'S

N6RDT

Premium Subscriber
Astro Saber

I have 3 Astro Sabers. Exellent radios. I have 1 VHF, 1 UHF, 1 800 mhz. I program them myself so its very convienent.

Status
Not open for further replies.