• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Astro Spectra VHF Out of Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawket

I was wondering if anyone knows how to modify the CPS Software to allow for out of band programming on a Motorola Astro Spectra Radio. The software will allow me to program a J SPLIT, but I would like to program a K Split which would be out of band.

W0JJK

Just type in the 145.XXX in to the conventional personality and when you go to program codeplug in radio, the CPS will warn you out of band operation. Click OK and it will program them into the radio. I have done this to a couple different VHF Astro Spectras and works like a champ.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
145.XXX won't be a problem on a J split. I assume he's trying to program above 162MHz.

Check p25.ca. They've got quite a few hacks for the ASTRO CPS.

Last edited:

cmdrwill

In the ham 144 to 145.999 the P25 does not work properly due to some coding in the radio. Conventional works good in that part.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'm confused as to what split the OP actually has. p25.ca also has a procedure to fix the tuning values so the radio will work properly out of band.

hawket

It was my understanding that there was Software CPS hack which would allow you to program Out of Band. I think the Spectra J split is 136-162 and the K split is 146-174. The radio is a K split radio.What I was wanting to do was program the radio in the 142 range for Digital Trunking. The radio right now is programmed with out of band and needs to be changed because just not happy the way its programmed.(Yes it currently doing digital trunking) I have read and read and just can't figure it out.)

MUSTANGMAN

I've been reading this thread and i downloaded Hex editor. I opened the code plug in it and i thought i did as recommended. I am using cps 5.03.00 . I was wondering if there was a way to get a more step by step of what to do. I want to program low split trunking in to a high split radio. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.