• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola CDM 1250

Monstertails

I am hoping someone can help me out, I purchased a CDM 1250 On Ebay and I am able to connect to it and read and write to it but I am wondering if some one can tell me how to delete the channels that were stored in it from the previous owner? I have some experience with DMR code plugs but nothing with motorola programing. I was able to edit a few channels and add my local repeater but i want to know how to delete the other 54 channels that were set up. I am using motorola professional cps version R06.12.05. I am super new at this so if you could, just spell it out for me.
Thanks!!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Open each personality and there should be a red X on the bottom of the tab. That should delete them.
It might complain that they are in the zone/channel assignment (I can't recall), so you may need to go into each zone and remove each channel assignment there.

I'm sure you know this, but make 100% sure that you have saved a copy of the codeplug BEFORE deleting anything. Then save the codeplug again somewhere else. Having a fall back is a good idea, even if it has channels in it you don't want.

Monstertails

Awesome! Thank you so much! If I may just ask one more question, like I stated in my last post, I have been able to edit the channels to get in there the frequencies that I want. Do I need to set a different squelch if I’m using a Symplex frequency Versus using a repeater frequency? I know repeaters use the CTCSS tone but with the software I’m using it doesn’t give that option.

a417

Awesome! Thank you so much! If I may just ask one more question, like I stated in my last post, I have been able to edit the channels to get in there the frequencies that I want. Do I need to set a different squelch if I’m using a Symplex frequency Versus using a repeater frequency? I know repeaters use the CTCSS tone but with the software I’m using it doesn’t give that option.
You can set a different squelch setting (or none at all) if you are using simplex frequencies, everyone else you are trying to talk to will also need to have the same settings (or listening CSQ) to hear you.

It will entirely depend on your needs.

a417

OK I understand now CSQ can you tell me what the differences between TPL and DPL SQUELCH TYPE?
PL and DPL are signalling types that are well discussed on the forums here, and in the linked Wikis. The information is out there, it could be seen as a challenge to the reader to go find it.