• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola CDM fading volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmalan1213

A few days a go I got from a friend a used CDM1250, it was working fine for a few days now, but tonight i noticed it was scanning, stopping on channels but it did not have audio. I powered it down, turned it back on and got nothing. after a few power on and offs i was able to get very faint audio. as it scanned it locked on to a fire dispatch, as the dispatch continued the volume faded (although it was as loud as it could be) and in about 10 seconds i had nothing. I popped the face off and checked to see if the speaker was plugged in, and it was. Im wondering if the problem might be the speaker, the radio, and if its the radio would adding an external speaker out the back solve my problem?

Thanks for any help in advanced.

Cmalan1213

Additional information, radio was left on and ran my battery low, not all the way dead, had a tough time starting the car but now radio is again working as normal. Will a low battery cause a audio fading problem?

jim202

Additional information, radio was left on and ran my battery low, not all the way dead, had a tough time starting the car but now radio is again working as normal. Will a low battery cause a audio fading problem?

There are voltage regulators in the radio that are designed to operate from the normal vehicle voltage that should not go below 12.5 volts or so. If you drop below this voltage, all bets are off as to just what the radio will do.

Not a good idea to try running the radio at a low voltage. Normally the radio will go into a constant reset if it gets low. Surprised that it even worked at all.

Jim

cabletech

Attach an external speaker to it and see if you have the same problem. If you do then it is in the recieve circuit and it needs to go to the shop for repairs.

And yes, low voltage will cause all kinds of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.