• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola CDM1250 Radio Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMiller32

Feed Provider
Hello All

Thanks in advance,

I'm good with most technology but radios elude me,

I have been currently running our scanner feed on a bearcat xlt60 scanner running through the headphones jack and it works but is terrible quality, I have a Motorola CDM1250 radio and would like to use this as a feed radio. It currently has a PC plug that is soldered to send the audio signal out when sound is being played (see below). When I plug this radio into our broadcasting computer the server reads offline as it doesn't see the audio signal unless there is chatter. Can anyone recommend the correct plug to buy for this radio so we can use it for broadcasting? The rear of the Motorola has a port labelled PC with two rows of ten pins on each row.

(Seeing below) - our old setup basically was a setup to send signal through rca to a computer in our dispatch room, the computer had a program on it that as soon as an audio signal was detected it would record the audio and save it as a file. This would give us a audio file for each transmission on our FD channel so we had a record of transmissions.

Motorola CDM1250
Model: AAM25KKD9AA2AN
TANAPA: IMUD6015B
Ver No: R05.04.00
Serial No:103TDLF8921

Server: win 7 64 running latest version of scannercast

Ryan

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hello All

Thanks in advance,

I'm good with most technology but radios elude me,

I have been currently running our scanner feed on a bearcat xlt60 scanner running through the headphones jack and it works but is terrible quality, I have a Motorola CDM1250 radio and would like to use this as a feed radio. It currently has a PC plug that is soldered to send the audio signal out when sound is being played (see below). When I plug this radio into our broadcasting computer the server reads offline as it doesn't see the audio signal unless there is chatter. Can anyone recommend the correct plug to buy for this radio so we can use it for broadcasting? The rear of the Motorola has a port labelled PC with two rows of ten pins on each row.

(Seeing below) - our old setup basically was a setup to send signal through rca to a computer in our dispatch room, the computer had a program on it that as soon as an audio signal was detected it would record the audio and save it as a file. This would give us a audio file for each transmission on our FD channel so we had a record of transmissions.

Motorola CDM1250
Model: AAM25KKD9AA2AN
TANAPA: IMUD6015B
Ver No: R05.04.00
Serial No:103TDLF8921

Server: win 7 64 running latest version of scannercast

Ryan

Cable 62 Motorola CDM CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550 Recording Adaptor Streaming Audio | eBay

This is a highly reputable seller used by many of us.

McMiller32

Feed Provider
I should have know if I just type it in Google or eBay the exact item would pop up. Thanks a bunch!

Ill order from this seller right now.

Cheers!

McMiller32

Feed Provider
More Help Please

So I ordered the above parts and got it in and have installed it, the radio has a ton of noise, yes it works ok, but the squelch or channel noise is insane.

I have gone through every setting in the computers options, I have tried line in and mic jacks. I've fiddled with a program called Audio Test. what gives?

Is it something i have to change in the radio itself? The radio is clear and clean. The new plug i just bought is supposed to be the correct one and its very noisy

Please Help?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in Advance

Ryan

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Sounds like your pulling discriminator audio instead of filtered audio. With the GM300 it was a physical jumper but I think it's a software setting in CPS with the CDM. Should be a setting for flat or filtered in the CPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmdrwill

Oh the pin setting.. You need CPS to change the setting for the PIN. Needs to be set to: Filtered Audio. IIRC that is also squelched.

McMiller32

Feed Provider
Still need assistance

I have had a radio tech in and he adjusted the pin pin setting to filtered audio, the channel still has noise but when the mic is keyed its clear, I am unsure on how to fix, all the other channels I listen to are not noisy and are clear when talking is being broadcast, I have not been at the radio in question when the tech is here, he wasn't too sure on what needs to be changed either. I know squelch is a setting in the CPS software but he said he tried adjusting it and it made no change. Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.