• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola CDM1250 TPL Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxsaw

I was able to obtain a couple of these radios, they are work horses, I am in the process of programming them but I am not able to program a simplex channel without giving it a TPL Code, is there anyway to disable the TPL Code for a simplex channel?

if I simply put 0.0 in the TPL Code box, I get an error when trying to write to the radio.

I am using Professional Radio CPS software version R06.12.09

any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    97.4 KB · Views: 73

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
nhfdcadet is correct. The NB restriction doesn’t show itself until you attempt to write the codeplug to the radio. If you have the EID installed, it asks if you are sure you to program in WB. If you don’t have the EID, it gives an error message and won’t finish the write sequence.

Without the EID, stick to R12.06.05 which was the last revision before the WB restrictions.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
nhfdcadet is correct. The NB restriction doesn’t show itself until you attempt to write the codeplug to the radio. If you have the EID installed, it asks if you are sure you to program in WB. If you don’t have the EID, it gives an error message and won’t finish the write sequence.

Without the EID, stick to R12.06.05 which was the last revision before the WB restrictions.
I believe they are interchangeable. No 'codeplug too new' error l.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
just need to go back to 6.12.05, lucky the codeplug version is same so you can read out and write with no new codeplug error.

haxsaw

I'm new to programming these radios, what is EID? where and how do I get it?

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
I'm new to programming these radios, what is EID? where and how do I get it?

1. Get or already have a MOL account.

2. Take the online WB training course.

3. Purchase ($0.00) the WB Entitlement ID and install it into the CPS.

The alternative, especially if you do not hold a legit copy of the CPS, is follow the advice in the posts above and use R12.06.05 which does not have the WB restriction.

haxsaw

1. Get or already have a MOL account.

2. Take the online WB training course.

3. Purchase ($0.00) the WB Entitlement ID and install it into the CPS.

The alternative, especially if you do not hold a legit copy of the CPS, is follow the advice in the posts above and use R12.06.05 which does not have the WB restriction.
what is a MOL account, i assume it has something to do with Motorola but i am not able to locate anything on it, and i cannot seem to find the R12.06.05 version anywhere.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
what is a MOL account, i assume it has something to do with Motorola but i am not able to locate anything on it, and i cannot seem to find the R12.06.05 version anywhere.

MOL is Motorola On Line which is the only legit outlet for purchasing Motorola software.

There are extensive discussions on properly acquiring Motorola software and even more extensive threads on programming the Motorola Professional Series here on RR. Since much of what this thread has now evolved to has been discussed and explained over and over again, I suggest you fire up the Search function and do some serious reading.

Even further tech info for these radios and software can be found by searching over on the batboard.

haxsaw

I have searched for two days and cannot find version R12.06.05 to purchase or download. I have applied for a MOL account but they are asking a lot of questions.

waiting for their response to my answers.

haxsaw

so Motorola cannot figure out how to add the EID's to my account so I can place the order, the customer service has been great, would just be nice to be able to obtain the EID's..

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I have searched for two days and cannot find version R12.06.05 to purchase or download. I have applied for a MOL account but they are asking a lot of questions.

waiting for their response to my answers.

Try searching for R06.12.05 not R12.06.05

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
You cannot get the EID unless you purchase the CPS. Once it is purchased, you have to take. Wideband course and then they can add it to your account for purchase, which is $0.00. There is obviously a charge for the CPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.