Motorola Centracom II

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

Any one familar with the /\/\ Centracom II "Compact Classic" Radio Consoles? I just changed jobs and am working with one now. Ihave been reading the manual and am trying to get a picture of how the setup works.

My understanding is the console it's self is just a "remote" which controls the "Central Electronics Bank". Where I am working (Skiatook 911) the radio is some how hard wired to a remote Repeater/Transmitter site about 5 miles from the Com center... Is it over a phone line?

If anyone has any insight into these radios or setup I'd appricate any help!

N

N_Jay

There are more ways to do it than easily explained here.

The console system is a remote control not a radio.

The console is a controller of the CEB, teh CEB terminates the remote control line of the station.

It can be;
by hard wire,
by telephone line,
by microwave,
by fiber,
by radio link,
or even local to a control station, then over the air to the station,
or it could be one of the former to a control station, then over the air to the station.

red8

That thing got me confused when I was training on that console when you talk about select and deselect different TG'S. When we had
the Syntor 9000 base in a Mocom cabinet at the jail it was easier to
operate. You have got my condolences Phil

N

N_Jay

red8 said:
That thing got me confused when I was training on that console when you talk about select and deselect different TG'S. When we had
the Syntor 9000 base in a Mocom cabinet at the jail it was easier to
operate. You have got my condolences Phil

The difference is a syntor you are just another user in the TG.

With a properly configured CCII (or any console) you are the control operator.

You can monitor several TGs without scanning.

You can have the "Unselected TGs (or channels) at a different volume then selected TGs or channels.

Yep, the simple solution is easier.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
CCII's are wonderful, had them at Rural/Metro and Orange County Fire, could monitor as many channels as we wanted,
at rma the consoles were hardlined to 800 base spectras and mcs2000's for uhf

car2back

Another Centracom question...

Today there was a Oklahoma Highway Patrol unit west of town where I work trying to talk (simplex) to a Skiatook PD unit on 155.250 and niether one could hear each other very well, so I patched 250 on the "Police Dept" channel to the "Public Works" channel, but reassigned the PW channel freq from 155.715 to 155.250. So... the console was retransmitting (repeating) mobile traffic it heard on 250 at the repeater/transmittter site at however many watts dispatch is heard!

Right now, only the dispatch console can be heard on the repeater, but we are in the process of setting up an input frequency for the mobiles to use it as well. Is what I did an acceptable "temporary fix" untill the true repeater is up and running?

no one where I work knows what patching is, including the supervisor. I came to work here from Creek Co Sheriffs Office in Sapulpa, OK where I had experiance operating a Centracom Gold elite TRS console.

Status
Not open for further replies.