Motorola codeplug for XPR6550 NCPRN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m currently waiting on a XPR6550 I’ve ordered and intend on getting it programmed by a local Moto dealer. However I need to either have a codeplug or have all the data in some easily convertible format to bring with me for the dealer to program with.

I’m looking to program in all NCPRN repeaters (in and out of state-60 total) and was hoping someone else may have a codeplug they’ve used. It’s my understanding all the repeaters can be in a roaming list so that I won’t need tons of channels and can seamlessly swap repeaters.

I’m also looking to put in DMR simplex channels and some UHF analog channels (repeaters and simplex).

I’ve done some research and know some of the parameters they need for radio settings (radio name, ID (mine), disable ARS since it’s a GPS radio). I will also have them enable wideband (free for them to get code with the CPS).

I’m also planning on having a hotspot in the future so I’ll add a discrete frequency pair that I can use later. I’ll need to come up with which brandmeister/DMRMARC talk groups to add for that as well.

I really appreciate any and all help anyone can provide.

**If anyone knows of a program that can be used to edit codeplug settings (not CPS as the price is too steep), I would really appreciate it because it would allow me to do most of this work myself.**

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Unfortunately there is no other software beside CPS that can edit the codeplugs as the codeplug is encrypted by the software.

N4KVE

I’m currently waiting on a XPR6550 I’ve ordered and intend on getting it programmed by a local Moto dealer. However I need to either have a codeplug or have all the data in some easily convertible format to bring with me for the dealer to program with.

I’m looking to program in all NCPRN repeaters (in and out of state-60 total) and was hoping someone else may have a codeplug they’ve used. It’s my understanding all the repeaters can be in a roaming list so that I won’t need tons of channels and can seamlessly swap repeaters.

I’m also looking to put in DMR simplex channels and some UHF analog channels (repeaters and simplex).

I’ve done some research and know some of the parameters they need for radio settings (radio name, ID (mine), disable ARS since it’s a GPS radio). I will also have them enable wideband (free for them to get code with the CPS).

I’m also planning on having a hotspot in the future so I’ll add a discrete frequency pair that I can use later. I’ll need to come up with which brandmeister/DMRMARC talk groups to add for that as well.

I really appreciate any and all help anyone can provide.

**If anyone knows of a program that can be used to edit codeplug settings (not CPS as the price is too steep), I would really appreciate it because it would allow me to do most of this work myself.**
Find a local whose on the system you want to be on. That’s what I did years ago. Got the repeater owner to program my radio.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Yes, CPS is fairly expensive, but look at what it will cost you to have the radio programmed, and potentially in the future, as new repeaters come online, frequencies change, color codes, CTCSS, etc. change. What if you find a new talkgroup you have interest in? I find myself editing my codeplug at least every other month, on the ham side of things.

The hour of bench time, or whatever they're charging you, is going to add up very quickly if you need changes. Next thing you know, you're paying the same as what would have been the cost of the software.

As was mentioned, you could also find somebody in a local club who potentially has the software and can have you over for a few hours.

Just food for thought.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
You may give @NathanJ a shout. If I remember correctly he's pretty active with NCPRN and uses XPR series radios.

As far as other programming goes, if you're in the piedmont area I would be happy to lend a hand with programming. I just don't have a Motorola codeplug for PRN myself and it's a job making one from scratch.

Thanks so much for all the help!

I had a feeling the CPS was the only way to edit codeplugs.

I think I’ll try to get in contact with @NathanJ and depending on how that goes I may get up with @cmjonesinc or a local repeater owner for programming.

I’ll probably get the CPS later if I end up liking the Motorola radios enough to get more (probably will) but for the first radio (that cost much less than the CPS) and since NCPRN seems mostly stable, I’d rather wait to make that investment.

Again, I really appreciate all the advice!

Flyham

Good morning all,
I’m not near the programming computer at the moment, but I’ll be glad to send what I’ve got.
It’s honestly probably missing a few (mainly from areas I just don’t get to).
Anyway, should be enough to get a decent idea and flow of programming.

Good morning all,
I’m not near the programming computer at the moment, but I’ll be glad to send what I’ve got.
It’s honestly probably missing a few (mainly from areas I just don’t get to).
Anyway, should be enough to get a decent idea and flow of programming.
That would be very much appreciated, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.