• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Command Series EN1000A

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIRECOM31

Premium Subscriber
Hello , I'm looking for any info on hooking up the Motorola Command Series Model EN 1000 A .
Install type manual , wiring diagram, power requirement . A web site that I can go to Thanks for the help.
Have a Great Day and be safe out there.
Steven

Luis_R

The actual model # is L1473. It is a local remote, no need for adapters, straight hookup to base/control station or repeater ( as long as it's less than a 1000 ft away ). It requires a 12V source, supplied either from the base/control station/repeater, power supply, or transformer that has atleast 3/4 of an amp output. It requires a 5 or 6 wire hook up, you need 12V, gnd, PTT, RX audio,mic hi, &/or, monitor, mic lo, RX lo can be tied to ground in the remote or you can get them from the radio. Use a 7 or 8 conductor cable to make all your connections. When you open the remote to make your connections you will see the terminals for your connections and there labels (functions) stamped next to them. Easy install.

Luis_R

Through MOL (motorola online dealer ). There are 3 types of the old style command series - the L1473, L1474, L1475. A tone, D/C ( which moto hasn't supported in years ), & the 1 he has local.

Last edited:

Luis_R

Luis_R, I saw this but EN 1000 A befuddled me. How did you cross this to a L1473?
All my searches led to an extended local. If I'm wrong by all means correct me. Not trying to give him false info. Only other thing it might be is a remote adapter. I believe there were Comand series remote adapters. I will know for sure on Monday when I go back to work.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Being too lazy to search, I'll take your word.

To FIRECOM31, if there is a question, look inside. A local remote will have a bunch of screw terminals labeled mic, rx, etc, as stated. If you only see two terminals labeled "line in" or somthing like that, it is a tone or DC remote.

jim202

It could be either. If you put a voltmeter across the terminals and set it for 200 volts or so, then key
the remote, if it is DC you will see voltage. Might have to swap the meter leads around if the meter
goes backwards. If it doesn't move, then you probably have a tone remote. Best to check the model
number.

Jim

Being too lazy to search, I'll take your word.

To FIRECOM31, if there is a question, look inside. A local remote will have a bunch of screw terminals labeled mic, rx, etc, as stated. If you only see two terminals labeled "line in" or somthing like that, it is a tone or DC remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.