• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Convertacom Wiring Diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenwheless

Guys,

I bought one of the convertacom units off of eBay for my mts2000 and it came with all of the wiring necessary. I install all of my equipment but for some reason, this has me stumped. Here is what was included in the package:

1. Cradle
2. Amp
3. Computer style connector/harness going from cradle to the amp
4. 4-6 pin (don't remember which) connector/harness going from the cradle to the speaker
5. Mic
6. Antenna cable

So it is all there...when plugging everything up, there is not a (+) or (-) going into the cradle for charging my radio. Also, there seems to be two (2) (+) and (-) inputs for the amp...?? Which one do I need to use??

Does anyone know of a wiring diagram? Motorola could not even help me because they do not make this cradle any more.

If this has been posted before, I could not find it doing a search. Can you guys please help?

- Lloyd

fineshot1

Guys,

I bought one of the convertacom units off of eBay for my mts2000 and it came with all of the wiring necessary. I install all of my equipment but for some reason, this has me stumped. Here is what was included in the package:

1. Cradle
2. Amp
3. Computer style connector/harness going from cradle to the amp
4. 4-6 pin (don't remember which) connector/harness going from the cradle to the speaker
5. Mic
6. Antenna cable

So it is all there...

"when plugging everything up, there is not a (+) or (-) going into the cradle for charging my radio."

That is because the cradle gets its power from the control/amp unit via the computer style
connector/harness cable. Also - this harness should have a yellow ignition wire which must
be fused with a 3A fuse and hooked to an ignition source(switched +12VDC).

"Also, there seems to be two (2) (+) and (-) inputs for the amp...?? Which one do I need to use??"

Both must be hooked to +12VDC - one side is for the controller unit and the other side is the rf amplifier unit. The controller side gets a 5A fuse and the rf amplifier side gets a 15A fuse.

Does anyone know of a wiring diagram? Motorola could not even help me because they do not make this cradle any more.

If this has been posted before, I could not find it doing a search. Can you guys please help?

- Lloyd

Hope this helps......

BTW - It is called an MTVA and this stands for MTS Vehicle Adapter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.