• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Cp200D programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kromero

I have been getting my CP200D radios programed for me recently. However I found a way to purchase the dealer software. Just checking to see if anyone has done this and how much of a pain it could be? I found a video on youtube for the plain old cp200. is there any difference in programing them?

wb1ccp

Premium Subscriber
I program them nearly every week. The CP200d programs with the MotoTrbo CPS software. If you use the pre-2.0 software, the 200d programming screens don't look all that different from the older 200.

However, the 200d does not program with the RIB box nor the 2-pin cable. Any USB to Micro-USB cable, such as a cell phone charging cable works fine. You need to pop out the small, rectangular rubber cover on the right-hand side, push the top edge downward with a small screwdriver, etc. to expose the Micro-USB connector.

If your radios are very new, made this year, you will need the new CPS 2.0 software. That one is rather ugly compared to the previous version but once you figure it out it's not that difficult.

kromero

The version i'm looking at purchasing is 16.0. I usually buy my radios off amazon. Will this work?

cmdrwill

USB to Micro-USB cable, such as a cell phone charging cable may NOT have the two Data lines. And I find the USB 2.0 cables work better.

And I like wb1ccp's Dog.

wb1ccp

Premium Subscriber
I should have said charging-DATA cable. 16.0 is the last release of the earlier platform and will work with all 200d's made prior to about May 2019, i.e. serial number starting with 752TVHxxxx or before. The 5th and 6th digits represent the year and month. Newer radios and older radios that have had firmware updates (or been programmed with CPS 2.0) will give you an error.

BTW, The dog is Winston, he's a Carolina dog (mostly.) They actually run wild along the GA/SC border but if you get them as pups they make a nice family dog. He's rescued out of Louisiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.