• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

motorola CPS software question? last one I promiss...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kk4mei

well utill I have to set up the radio..

does motorola require a background check before you can buy their CPS program?

n5ims

All they needed from me was to sign up at MOL (Motorola OnLine) and once that was complete I electronically signed their software license agreement. Once that was completed I purchased my software from them. It arrived a few days later by UPS. Wasn't hard. Didn't require talking to the FBI. Didn't require me to send my first born to Schaumburg IL (although at times I might have been tempted).

Oh, to answer another of the common questions, my answer to why do I need the software was a simple "To program my radios for personal use."

K

kk4mei

No. Why? Are you worried? ;)

no worries here...
just feel that's a bit much when other companies don't ask for anything like hytera.

so after I buy my new XPR 7550 what steps will I need to take to get it on the air?

1 buy radio
2 get motorola account
3 buy CPS
4 buy program cable
4 get EID for ham freq (wiideee ban)
5 progam radi

I KNOW I'M MISSING A FEW STEPS?

rapidcharger

no worries here...
just feel that's a bit much when other companies don't ask for anything like hytera.

so after I buy my new XPR 7550 what steps will I need to take to get it on the air?

1 buy radio
2 get motorola account
3 buy CPS
4 buy program cable
5 progam radi

You have two step 4s. :wink:

The missing step that I would do would be to find someone with the necessary tools to make that 7550 FPP.

K

kk4mei

You have two step 4s. :wink:

The missing step that I would do would be to find someone with the necessary tools to make that 7550 FPP.

lol i need to learn how to count agian.

what is FPP?

ok found it is this even doable?

Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
All the step by steps are correct if your not sure or want to learn any Motorola Dealer in your area will walk you through on programming your XPR 7550 for you but not sure about the programming fee.

no worries here...

1 buy radio
2 get motorola account
3 buy CPS
4 buy program cable
5 progam radi

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
The help files that come with the CPS are quite helpful. They're not the easiest to learn though if you've never programmed one before but certainly not impossible!

As far as FPP, I was under the impression that it was still very limited in what it can do (i.e. no freq editing). Has progress been made?

Status
Not open for further replies.