• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola DTR2430 - Dead display after replacing broken speaker - how to go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerosix

Hey guys,

I recently bought a pair on eBay but the seller wasn’t totally honest with me, one speaker of my 2430s was broken and the batteries were also bad. Apparently eBay couldn’t help me so I figured I would fix it myself.

I’m not new to tinkering with tech and soldering so I replaced the speaker fairly easy.

However, the display no longer works, the orange display leds light up and the radio is “functional” but no lcd display.

I tried re-seating the display flex cable but to no avail..

At second thought maybe I accidentally damaged the flex cable but I cannot see anything wrong with it, not even under my magnifying glasses.

I spend a lot of money on these radios and I sincerely hope I can bring the display back to life.

Does anyone have an idea why the display wouldn’t work?
Also, does anyone know if I can still find a new display unit or new cable for it?

I’m located in Europe by the way.

Thanks in advance!

zerosix

UPDATE: I found that I accidentally ruptured a part of the flex cable, it was opened before from what I could tell, so I should have been even more careful. i tried googling the part numbers listed on the flex cable and display assembly but found absolutely nothing. From the looks of it, Motorola has used this same display unit and cable in many different DTR Models. Does anyone have an idea how to either fix the cable (although seems impossible since it’s microscopically small) or a way to order a new display unit? Thanks in advance

zerosix

I am looking for this DTR display specifically: (see attached pictures)
from what I can read (it is very tiny and hard to distinguish) the following numbers on the unit:

LCD Display for DTR2430 (but seems Motorola used this display for many of their older DTR Radios)

34D01 HS 30506

HLM78301 BLE830 (last digit could also be: 0/8/2)

SYE88 (88 could also be 86) 2820922

6185093E

8485513E02

Attachments

• 4E973CED-4D0B-4407-BC4C-23FD20D08D73.jpeg
    4E973CED-4D0B-4407-BC4C-23FD20D08D73.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 3
  • C4951348-D54C-47B6-BE63-FFFA5A11B0B5.jpeg
    C4951348-D54C-47B6-BE63-FFFA5A11B0B5.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.