Motorola FedEx site crashes Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdorn

Hey there.

I've been watching a Fed Ex site in Memphis, TN. It's ID is 0F2E.

But if I download the info from it from the RR database, then quit and rerun the Unitrunker program, it freezes up tight. It only freezes up like that after downloading the database info.

Any idea what it is about that site that's causing the Unitrunker to die?

Oh yes, the program IS still responsive to clicking the CLOSE button.. ie, it will ask if I'm sure I want to quit, etc.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
'Bout the only thing I can think of from my limited knowledge of the program is that it might be disliking the partial fleetmap. Hopefully Rick sees this and can throw a couple cents' worth in the pot. (No pun intended to your avatar. ;) )

SCPD

QRT
Airdown - I'm trying to deciper your post. Did the program crash (eg. abruptly end) or become non-responsive (not respond to key press / menu choices) ?

Try these ... ESCape to back out to the main menu and/or press F5 to refresh the screen. You should always be able to back out to the main menu and press "X" to gracefully exit the program.

Airdorn

Unitrunker said:
Airdown - I'm trying to deciper your post. Did the program crash (eg. abruptly end) or become non-responsive (not respond to key press / menu choices) ?

Try these ... ESCape to back out to the main menu and/or press F5 to refresh the screen. You should always be able to back out to the main menu and press "X" to gracefully exit the program.

It becomes unresponsive.

Once I tune the scanner to that system's control channel, the program becomes completely unresponsive. Ie, its still on the screen (didn't abruptly end) but it will not respond to any key presses at all, and the signal quality at the upper right stops updating. The CPU usage (as viewed from the task manager via CTRL.ALT.DEL) of uniform.exe jumps to 99%.

However, if I use the mouse to click the close program button at the upper right of the window, then I get the separate 'Whoah!' window asking me if I really want to end, and I can select YES or NO.

If I select NO, the little Whoa! window disappears and the Uniform.exe program remains otherwise completely unresponsive.

Now, this only started AFTER I DL'ed the info from the RR database. I tried it twice. The second time around, I went into the program's folder and deleted all the data files for that system that I had DL'ed before.. (it's SysID on the RR database is 0F2E, by the way)

After I deleted those data files, Unitrunker once again began handling that site perfectly. Then I chose the option again to DL the RR database info. After I did, it decoded and handled the system perfectly with all the tags, etc.

But once I quit the program and reran it, it goes back to locking-up tight.

Hope that is helpful.

SCPD

QRT
Airdorn said:
But once I quit the program and reran it, it goes back to locking-up tight.

Hope that is helpful.
Very helpful. I'll see what I can find. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.