Motorola GP300

Status
Not open for further replies.

vs1988

I'm thinking of purchasing an used GP300 for scanning. The EMS agency I ride with uses these, although I have not been assigned one yet. They seem to be pretty tough and durable HTs. I'd like to buy one of my own and have it programmed as recieve only to use as a scanner.

Does the GP300 use scan lists on each channel? Is there nuisance channel delete?

Thanks

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I think (it's been awhile) that you would have a Ch position set as a scan mode. As in...CH1 will scan ch 2, 4, & 6. I also remember that it can have a button programmed for nuisance delete.

I looked at getting one around 1996, but my memory may have faded a bit :)

SCPD

QRT
The GP300, albeit old, is still a pretty decent radio. You can build different scan lists (as you select different channels) priority scan and nuisance delete are all part of it. I have several here and they have served me well.

R

Rayjk110

I will second laggroup in that the GP300 is a pretty decent radio - and even does MDC features as well.

I have since went to the XTS/Astro Saber family, and even then the GP300 is close in ruggedness, so long you have a motorola original battery and not some crappy aftermarket one that fits loose.

K5MAR

Actually, I've had better luck with the aftermarket batteries on my GP300. They last longer and fit just fine. The one battery I've had that didn't fit properly, either on the radio or in the drop-in charger was a Genuine Motorola battery.

Mark S.

rescuecomm

Only drawback is that the GP300 won't do narrowband. Otherwise it is a fine radio. It has mutilple scan lists (something the CP200 doesn't have) and great audio.

jthorpe

Grog said:

Yep. I had two of them before dontating them to our search and rescue team after I had gotten a couple of JT1000's. Great radios in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.