• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

motorola ht-750 pigtail adapter ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

intiractive

Hello all.

I have posted before about an issue I have. I participate in SCCA racing, with my brother being a driver, and I am his radio/spotter guy. I do not hear very well, and my problem is not being able to turn my motorola HT-750 up loud enough on my racing mic/headphone headset for me to hear (nevermind the headset, I do not have it on me to give you the brand/model). I finally came across a double a "AA" battery powered, inline 3.5mm headset amplifier. I tested it on my PC and it works amazingly. I am so close to solving my problem, but there is only 1 little thing standing in my way. My headset has the 2 prong head that plugs into my radio. One prong is the mic, the other prong is the headset speakers.

My question is: Is there a flying-lead, or pigtail adapter that will plug into my HT-750 that I can plug my headset's mic prong into, and install this inline amp on the headset speaker side?

Last resort, if I can find a cheap headset like a police one that has the 2 prong head that plugs into my radio, I will cut off the head, then use a voltmeter and identify the wires, then solder some connectors together to make it all work.

cmdrwill

The speaker out put on those radios are NOT referenced to ground. Grounding any of the speaker leads will blow out the audio amp in the radio. So you can not "just hook up an amp".

intiractive

Hello cmdrwill. I am not quite sure I understand what you mean by the speaker output on the radio being not referenced to ground. I have not heard of this term before. Can you please elaborate?

cmdrwill

The audio amplifier in most two way radios uses what is called a bridged amp. Each lead of the speaker is driven by the amp, so basically two amps, one for each side of the speaker.

In professional headsets the speaker/earphones are only connected to the audio output on the radio. Totally independent of any ground.

See "Bridged amplifier" section at Bridged and paralleled amplifiers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cabletech

On the post that you made in Nov 2013 about this same subject, I send you a PM and posted that I did.

I am also into racing and handle many radios, headset, helment kits for racers.

Again, check your pms for am earlyer reply.

cmdrwill

He is going to need a professional headset like fire trucks use. The headset will cost more than the radio.

cabletech

He is going to need a professional headset like fire trucks use. The headset will cost more than the radio.

That not true if you know where to buy one.

Yes, going to David Clark (starts at $275.00) or Racing Electronics or Racing Radios (also starting about $250) is not the place to go.

I sell high quality industral headsets with the correct radio cable PTT on ear cup starting at $195.

My main supplier for these headsets also supply to hundreds of other radio shops and there are hundreds of these used in the racing industry from road course to off road to boat and motorcycle racing.

intiractive Contact me

Status
Not open for further replies.