• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola ht1000 VHF quick call II tone code help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemedic78

Hello, I am in need of some assistance. I have a Motorola ht1000 vhf model number D and, and I'm trying to program it to alert for two sets of tones, A&B / C&D. Even though I am seeing a couple websites now offering the download of the Motorola ht1000 as a CPS programming software, I don't trust that, I use the original RSS programming software on my DOS Windows 98 laptop, I cannot see an older radio, like the ht1000, being able to be used by a CPS type of programming software, so I'm not even going to try and download that, fearing that there may be a virus involved with that, ht1250 and above does CPS, but I just can't see the ht1000 being CPS programmable, because it needs to be the older, slower RSS type programming system. I may be wrong, maybe there really is a CPS version out there, but from what I know so far and what my instincts are telling me, that type of radio, needs RSS. And again I may be wrong, and if I am, please correct me and direct me to a CPS program download site for the HT-1000. Now, back to the issue at hand. Both A,B,C,D tone codes from the same frequency, the A&B paging tone codes are for the fire department side,and will emit the alert beep, but for some reason it won't alert when I encode the C&D paging tone codes, which are the first responder side of the department, when I paid them from my encoder.. I can hear them come over the radio as regular tones like if it were a different department that would not alert the radio, however I cannot get it to actually emit the alert beep. I have everything else programmed just fine. The and/or signaling is just fine, my toggle switches are set just fine, toggle switch A is pager your mode. It stays muted until A&B pager tone codes go off and then the radio will unmute until it is resetting manually. Toggle switch B is simply just Channel monitor only, meaning monitors the channel that it's on based on what the channel selector is on, and then toggle switch C is priority scan with priority alert me when traffic is you made it on whatever channel the selector is on, basically, it's set to be user-selectable priority. However, when I encode the C&D first responder tone codes from my encoder, it does not emit any alert beep, all you do is just simply hear the actual tone go out like you would if it was a different department, does not emit any alert tones. I have the Rx Channel set as follows, under Channel options, for the receive I have DPL / quick call II and then individual long tone B, and then I have my DPL set(125) and then transmit I have the DPL also set(125). When I have tried all the different options for the Rx side, CSQ quick call II West using both individual call, dual call, and long-tome B, DPL with individual call, group call, and long tone B, and I don't mess with that TPL, because it's a DPL system...and it will only alert if I use the option DPL quick call II long tone B. If I take the DPL out of everything and just simply use quick call II long tone B, I do not get any type of alerting noise, all I hear is tone codes, I don't get the alert beep. Basically put, only way I'm able to get any type of alerting beep when I switch it to DPL with quick call II long tone B and then the DPL 125 on the Rx end. Again the transmit side I'm not worried about, because you don't need to set paging codes on a transmit side, it's the receive side I need to get both A,B,C & D paging codes to alert. One other thing I found interesting, on my previous ht1000 when I've only had one set of paging tone codes, (A&B), the alerting noise the radio makes when it emits an alert for when it reads the correct A&B tone codes, is a set of beeps, but for some reason, when I encode the set of tone codes(A&B) that does emit the alert beeps, all of a sudden it emits one long loud beep for the paging alert, and I found that kind of odd since I've never heard one long beep, it's almost like a pager set up with only one long tone, kind of like a group call, where you have one pager tone and that's it, and then the alert actually is one loud beep , I think, under the pager settings on the pager, like the minitor 5 or 6 programming software where you set the alert noise,, it's continuous, not standard. On the radio, it's making one loud continuous beep, instead of the old fashioned continuous beeps that it used to do when I had the radio programmed for my department that only has the one two tone set of paging codes. Remember, I am programming this radio for my step-son who lives in a county just east of us, where they have a county-based ambulance service, and there county departments have two sets of paging tones, one two tone set for fire, and 2 tone set for First Responders, and that's the problem I'm having, the radio will only alert for the fire two-tone set, and the actual alert noise is also confusing because it's only emitting one long loud continuous beep with the long single beep when it reads Fire side two-tone paging that matches what's in the Qick call II signaling options menu that I have programmed into the radio. I have upgraded to newer radios for my department so that's why I am giving this one to him, it's an older radio and a good radio for a starter radio for someone new. Easy to understand, but It doesn't do the multiple beeping like it always did in the past when I used it for my department. I know I have the correct 2 tone pager codes for both fire and first responder sides I'm not worried about what type of alert type the radio emits, I am just trying to figure out how to get both the 2 tone first responder side that does not Emit, and keep the 2 tone Fire side which does emit to both work., I just want to see if I can figure out if the DN model will alert 2 separate paging tone codes from the same fire frequency or if I have to choose or the other, basically, the fire codes versus first responder codes or if there's something I'm doing wrong for missing. I have always thought of myself as pretty good with programming radios, I do all of our department programming for different pagers and radio models from Motorola all the way to vertex and I have no problems, I am just programming this for my step-son who movedand got on a new department in a different ounty that does not transport for EMS like we do, therefore we only have one set of two tone paging codes, which makes it a lot easier to program, vs a county that has two sets of two tone paging codes( one 2 tone set for fire department, and one 2 tone set for first responders) for each department within the county, which is all paged off of the same frequency,, including the county ambulance. I apologize greatly for the lengthy thread, but I think I probably made clear what help I need. Any suggestions at all please let me know. Thanks a lot and everybody have a safe weekend.

firemedic78

Still looking for any advice from anybody out there in regard to how I can program my ht1000 VHF radio that is a model DN to be able to alert with both A&B/ C&D pager tone codes. Right now it will only alert with the AB tone codes and some reason or another, awkwardly the alert isn't the typical six or seven beeps, it's one loud beep, which I'm not that concerned about since it still emits the alert, but I need to figure out how to get the C&D tone codes to alert as well. Thank you.

dgruver911

Off the top of my head, and we had HT100's and HT1250's set up like your example before we went 800 and did away with VHF radios, but there is a drop down for the receive squelch. You probably have it set for the individual call and you need to change it to the dual call setting. I won't have access to my software again until Monday, but you might look for this.

firemedic78

Thanks for all the replies, and unfortunately this reply will probably be a lengthy one too, LOL. I've tried almost every option on the Rx end... trying it all the way from quick call II with CSQ, group call, individual call, and long tone b, and the only time it will actually send an alert is when I have it set to QC II long tone b with DPL 125, then the first two sets of tones,A&B alert, but the C&D tones will not alert. They have a DPL system, which is 125, so I have that set on the RX as well as the TX, but when I trip the tones off from my other hand held radio it only alerts with the tone codes that are in the A and B slots. When I try the Group call, individual, and regular quick call II with open carrier squelch, then the A and B tone codes won't send out the alert. I just for the life of me cannot figure out why it will not read the C&D codes to alert as well. The other awkward issue that I mentioned above, is in the past, when my radio was programmed for my old Department, we only had one set of tones, A&B, and when the tones were set off, the alert type on the radio was six or seven beeps... but in this instance, when I set the A&B tone codes off, I get one loud continuous beef, similar to how you would program a pager that has two different sets of tone codes, as I listed above, one two tone set for fire department and one two tone set for First Responders, and on a pager, a programmer usually sets the alert different for each one so you can differentiate what side of the department is getting paged out, if it's fire, it is program for the standard multiple beeps, and if it's a first responder call, it's program for one long continuous beep, and that's the same alert that I'm getting on the radio, I have never heard that alert before, it's always been the standard six or seven beeps. I don't know if the long tone b seconds issue is what's causing this, as a default it was set to 5 seconds and I kept getting the one long continuous alert, I went through it manually and put it for eight seconds all the way down to 0 seconds and even went up to 10 seconds and the only way it would alert the noise, is if I had the long tone b set at 0 seconds. I can't remember if it alerted with any other seconds programmed, like 5 seconds or 10 seconds, ect.. for the long tone b, but I know right now it's programmed at 0 seconds and you get the long continuous alert beep, which again I am not concerned about because it at least will alert, I just want to be able to get the C and D tone codes to also alert. Again, I've gone thru every option possible on the Rx part, from quick call II with open carrier, TPL, and DPL. I've tried group call with DPL, and individual with DPL as well as long tone b with DPL, and the only thing I get is the A and B tone codes to alert. Since it's a DPL system, obviously I need to keep it as a DPL system when I program the Rx side. If there was any way I can send you the file, I would, but I don't have internet on the Windows 98 laptop, and I can't even save the file on my as a master file. Every time I go to save, it gives me an error message saying the file path cannot be found, so I'm never able to actually save a master copy of the programmed radio once it's done. I always have to go in there and have it read the code plug and then work on it from there. Again, if I had a way of saving the file and then emailing it to somebody so they could mess with it and see if they can get it to work, I would be more than willing to do so, but with this being an RSS programming system, it's not as user-friendly as a CPS programming system. I will try and go back into it and play with it a little more and see if I can get the dual call to work, but the only way it will work or even detect traffic is if I have the DPL tone code programmed into it. The way I have the toggle switch setup is, A- is pager mode, B- is Channel Monitor, and C- is priority scan with user-selectable priority Channel. A couple different times that I've messed around with things, when I switched theQC settings to anything other than QC II DPL long tone b, when I switch the toggle switch to paging mode, which is A, I could hear everything, meaning that somehow it changed the settings on paging mode to unmute instead of staying muted like it does when I have it set for QC II DPL long tone b, so he may just have to live with the way it is now. He has a pager issued to him from the Department that alerts for both fire and First Responders, so I think he will be okay with the way it is now, because it is working, it just won't alert for first responder tones. You can hear the tones go out as well as any other radio traffic if you're on toggle switch B, monitoring channel one only, which is the fire paging Channel, or toggle switch C, which is priority scan, but if he has it on toggle switch A, if the fire department does not get paged out then the radio will not unmute and will not omit an alert tone, but again his pager still alerts for both, and as of right now he's not a first responder yet, he's going to take the first available EMT class, but he is still on the first responder side as well, for driving and Manpower, so he will respond to both fd & responders, but I believe it's the FD side that he mainly wants the radio to alert, but I'm very particular and I just want the dam thing to work for both tones. The radio is obviously meant to work that way, since it allows you to enter A thru D tone codes. I know there's a way to do it and I'm just missing something, and I'm sure it's right there front of me and I just am not seeing it, and since I pride myself on programming radios very good, this frustrates me a lot. I am not at all saying I know about radio programming, I never will, but I have learned a lot and gained a lot of knowledge over the years on programming pagers and radios, and when I can't get something to work that I know should work, I get very frustrated. This is why I'm glad there are forums like this to ask for help, and that's why I'm asking for help. Again, I will continue to try and play around with it and keep trying it with dual call and all the other options, even though they didn't work originally, I'll see what I can do but again if you have any other advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the replies thus far. Everybody stay safe out there!

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
The only way you'll get it do alert on both sets of tones is Dual Call/DPL.

I will dig out my HT1000 code plug today and look at it because I have it set up for two sets of tones at it works.

READ: As I remember, when it's on Dual Call, my radio would give the normal multiple beeps (usually for the about 3 seconds, the duration of the B tone from dispatch) for the A+B set. For the C+D set the radio gives off a long continuous beep. This cannot be changed.

Do us a favor and clear out your toggle switch settings. You have to start narrowing things down. Set it so the toggle switch does nothing.

Your radio is set to 12.5khz on the transmit /rx deviation right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firemedic78

Yes, everything is set for narrowband pacing. As far as my toggle switch settings, as much as I love taking advice, I'll I'm going to leave them the same. I like being able to have the radio work like a pager and also use the selector priority scan, I understand some of those features can be utilized via the three side buttons. One of my side buttons, the blue button, is my nuisance delete button, my number two side button does nothing, and my number 3 side button basically just squelches when you push it and that resets the radio once it's been alerted for a call. As I said earlier, worst come to worst, I am content with leaving it the way it is, the fact that it will at least alert with one of the 2-tone set's(A & B, and I do believe now after confirming with him, since they just had a fire call about an hour ago, and his Radio did beep with the FD tones went off, that I have the correct tone code A&B set to get the audible beep. If I can't get it to beep for the first responder C & D tone codes then again I'm not worried about that as much, he will still get alerted with his pager, but I will at least try the Dual call / DPL, and I do very much appreciate your advice, however I would rather keep the toggle, switches the way they are, since that's how he's used to them, since he's been around me since he was five years old when I married my wife(He is my step-son), while I was on my old department that only had one set of 2-tone codes, and he used to knowing how the radio works and operates and how the setting buttons are programmed, and I don't want to confuse him by deleting or adding new functions, so again, I very much do appreciate your advice, but as far as the A, B, and C toggle switch, I think I will leave them as they are. If you want to take the time to get out your software and read your code plug, that's greatly appreciated by me, it's all up to you, but if that it's going to take too much of your time then you don't have to waste your time on it, it's all up to you, but thank you for replying back and again I apologize that I am not going to listen to everything you said, again don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate your advice, and I will try the dual call/dpl, but I would rather just keep the toggle switches set the way they are because that's how he is used to them, and I would like the radio to still be able to be used as a pager. If you do happen to find anything out by using your code plug, again, please feel free to reply back, but, and this is just as personal reason, but I don't want to change the toggle switch. Thank you, and stay safe my friend!

Chris

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
Ok. The idea was just to temporarily set the switch blank and verify it's not interfering with the dual call. Then set it back to how you need it once fixed.

I'll see if I can dig it out later tonight.

Another piece of advice you don't have to take, hitting the return key to space things out makes the questions/info a lot easier for the rest of us to read...

firemedic78

Ok. The idea was just to temporarily set the switch blank and verify it's not interfering with the dual call. Then set it back to how you need it once fixed.

I'll see if I can dig it out later tonight.

Another piece of advice you don't have to take, hitting the return key to space things out makes the questions/info a lot easier for the rest of us to read...

I apologize for the long replies....I have sending them from the cell phone, and it's broken, and the text/email keyboard isn't working properly, Even Voice recognition doesn't work, so unfortunately, I cannot space things out into paragraphs, unless I am on an actual PC, like now.

I am not due for an upgrade on my cell phone for another 6 months, and they say, even though I pay for the monthly insurance, that the issue isn't covered, and I don't have the money to go and buy a new one at retail, so I just have to deal with it for 6 more months.

I know it get's very annoying reading one long thread. You are not the only one who has raised the same issue with me, but once I tell them the same thing I just told you, everyone understands...I myself get a headache just reading it back and proof reading it before I send it....But back to the original issue at hand.

I was not at all trying to imply that I don't want to take any advice, I am always open to advice...To answer your question about resetting the toggle switch to nothing, I had done that as well before I started this thread. I got the same issues as I currently have. Actually, that was the first thing I did once I found out that only the A&B tone codes alerted.

So, again, I apologize for all the long post's and replies, I just didn't have my laptop of tower PC at the time, all I had was my cell, and with it being broke, I can only write one long email or text, ect....I am finally home now, so I am using my tower, so I hope this looks a little bit better...Anyways, once you get time to open up your code plug, let me know what you find out, Thanks again for your help.

Chris

Rred

Chris-
Forum web software tends to use HTML coding, not plain text or ASCII, and it sometimes creates problems by eating simple CR/LF character feeds. You can usually fix that by inserting the HTML code for a paragraph break, once or twice, wherever you want one. You can see https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_paragraphs.asp in case the forum strips out the code that I'm going to try posting for you, it is simply < p > to start a paragraph and < /p > to end it, sometimes just the first is needed, sometimes both. I've put spaces in between the carrots and the characters, to try to make sure the forum software doesn't interpret them as code, but you wouldn't insert those spaces for the real thing.
FWIW.

Sometimes the forum options in your user controls will include the option to use plain text--not HTML--for your replies. You lose the ability to use fancy text that way, but that also can give back line breaks.

firemedic78

Chris-
Forum web software tends to use HTML coding, not plain text or ASCII, and it sometimes creates problems by eating simple CR/LF character feeds. You can usually fix that by inserting the HTML code for a paragraph break, once or twice, wherever you want one. You can see https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_paragraphs.asp in case the forum strips out the code that I'm going to try posting for you, it is simply < p > to start a paragraph and < /p > to end it, sometimes just the first is needed, sometimes both. I've put spaces in between the carrots and the characters, to try to make sure the forum software doesn't interpret them as code, but you wouldn't insert those spaces for the real thing.
FWIW.

Sometimes the forum options in your user controls will include the option to use plain text--not HTML--for your replies. You lose the ability to use fancy text that way, but that also can give back line breaks.

Ok, this is really going to sound stupid...But I have no idea what your talking about, lol.....Are you referring to the issue about my post's being so long, or the issue I am having of saving the HT1000 code plug into my DOS windows 98.....I am sorry, I don't want to sound like an idiot, but I am not as savvy with technical PC stuff.....If your referring to the long post's due to my cell phone issue, that has been fixed, insurance is now saying that they will cover it, so I will have a keyboard to hit enter to create paragraphs.

If your referring to helping me figure out how to same the 1000 file in the RSS on my laptop, great, but I may need a little more "plain english" to understand what I mean. Like I said, I don't want to sound like an idiot, which I probably already do, but I just don't understand what everything you said meant. I did click on the link, and I could see the lettering as a different look.

So I guess what I am asking, are you telling me that I need to enter the file name by starting out with using < p > prior to using a name to call the file, and then save it? I guess a little more explanation would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be able to save my HT1000 file, so I have a master copy and don't have to keep connecting RIB and reading code plugs every time I want to look at or fix something. Again, I very much apologize for sounding like an idiot. Thanks for your help.

Chris.

Rred

Sorry, Chris, but I was just referring to the problem you are having with your phone and the forum's web posts coming up as long run-on single paragraphs with that. (As a second thought, your phone may not be broken at all, it may simply be set wrong in some keyboard or web format setting. A phone store tech may be worth asking.)

Nothing to do with getting the RSS software to work by changing the way you type in that.

firemedic78

Sorry, Chris, but I was just referring to the problem you are having with your phone and the forum's web posts coming up as long run-on single paragraphs with that. (As a second thought, your phone may not be broken at all, it may simply be set wrong in some keyboard or web format setting. A phone store tech may be worth asking.)

Nothing to do with getting the RSS software to work by changing the way you type in that.

No need to apologize my friend....Like I said, if anything, I am the one who needs to apologize for the stupid question, lol...It was the keyboard issue, and believe me, it wasn't just the keyboard that I was having issues with...The google Voice recognition wouldn't work, nor would the googol app itself, and many other issues....I dropped it, or I guess I should say, fell our of my bunker pants at a fire...We had just received new gear, and the Velcro was nice and tight, so I figured the phone was safe in there, even with crawling on my knees....well, not so lucky. Fell out as I was rounding a hallway putting out fire over our heads...only way I knew it, was that when we retreated back a little, I could feel it with one of my hands.

Once we got outside, I threw the phone back in my engine...After we were done and cleared by IC, I looked at my phone, it was soaked....So hence, that is why the insurance was not going to kick in......They always throw that clause in, if your phone get's wet, accidental or not, and they all come with that dam water mark color code, then it isn't covered...But after I explained how iot happened, they decided to cover it. I have the new phone now, so it isn't an issue now. Thanks for all your input....I could use some input on how to fix my problem of saving my TRSS HT code plug? Again, when I push f10, I believe, or f2, whichever one is the save file function key, it always says "path file not found". pr "file path not found"(can't remember which), after I type in what name I want the file to be named...so if you have any advise on that, t would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

Rred

I'd like to help with the RSS software but used it only once successfully, last year, and while I need to use it again now, I'm waiting a "really good day" because I want to play musical chairs with an older laptop, so I can boot it into real DOS (will need hard drive swap, dual OS reinstall, a whole batch of fun) and have a real serial port to support that software.

From what I remember, the code plug CAN be saved, but it will automatically save to a file called ########.something, where the #'s are the actual serial number of that radio, and the "something" is whatever the file extension they use is.

On the phone...sometimes when they realize it might be their butt you are pulling from a fire, all of a sudden they realize they have the discretion to just fix things. There are a rare few really waterproof phones, you might want to consider one later this year. Odds are it won't support 5G (deploying this year) but "it still works!" counts too.

Google's founders once said they would do no evil. I now call them "the evil empire" because they screw up so much so often so consistently. Last week the b*tch-in-box told me to exit left and take the ramp east. I said to myself, huh, that exit only goes west. Which is the way I wanted to go. Nope, Google told me three times to exit and continue east, and after I exited and stared into the sunset, it told me to CONTINUE going east. (OK, the sun set in the east that day?)

Can't blame that one on the hardware. Those guys, their companies, their products...but as the old joke about the talking dog goes, "What, I should have said DiMaggio?"

Status
Not open for further replies.