• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola HT1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ht1000uhf

Hello. I just bought a Motorola UHF HT1000.

I have a couple of questions.

The radio is programmed for 16 channels. When put on selection "A", it scans all 16 channels.

Is there anyway that I can scan JUST channels 1 and 3?

Also, I've searched online, but have not been able to find a manual for the HT1000. Anyboy have an idea where I could get one?

Thanks!

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
If the radio is set up for user select scan you can edit the scan list with the abc switch and green button on the side. It is usually a or c as scan and the b is scan off if a is scan then c might be scan list program. when you switch it to c and the led light stays on it is in scan program you can add or delete by pushing the green button.

I think I may have a PDF of a user guide on my computer somewhere I can email to you

MPFD535

Kinda off topic but do they make a windows based programming software for those ? not dos?

ht1000uhf

FFPM571, if you find the PDF of operating manual for the HT1000, please let me know. I would love a copy.

Also, I checked with the programmer (as I have not received the radio), that "A" is set up to scan all channels.

What selection knob should I choose if I JUST want to hear radio traffic on a specific channel (like Ch. 2)?

Also, if I turn the knob to either "B" or "C", and the LED stays on, then that means I can turn to whatever channel I do not want scanned and push the green button and it will take it off the scan list?

I know this sounds silly...but what should I do if I JUST want to hear traffic on a specific channel?

Thanks!

FFPM571, if you find the PDF of operating manual for the HT1000, please let me know. I would love a copy.

Also, I checked with the programmer (as I have not received the radio), that "A" is set up to scan all channels.

What selection knob should I choose if I JUST want to hear radio traffic on a specific channel (like Ch. 2)?

Also, if I turn the knob to either "B" or "C", and the LED stays on, then that means I can turn to whatever channel I do not want scanned and push the green button and it will take it off the scan list?

I know this sounds silly...but what should I do if I JUST want to hear traffic on a specific channel?

Thanks!

it does depend on how it is programmed. So your sayings pos. A is scanning, and pos. B & C is to program scan? I don't think that combination exists for the HT1000.

It sounds like how mine is set up. A is to scan the channels that are set in the scan list. B is for no scan and just listen to the selected channel. C is to program the scan list. You can scroll through the scan list by using the channel selector knob. If the LED is on for that channel, then it is set to scan. If not, then it will not be scanned. Depending on the button programmed, one of the three buttons on the side should be the button to select/deselect channel to be scanned while in scanning programming mode (C).

ht1000uhf

it does depend on how it is programmed. So your sayings pos. A is scanning, and pos. B & C is to program scan? I don't think that combination exists for the HT1000.

It sounds like how mine is set up. A is to scan the channels that are set in the scan list. B is for no scan and just listen to the selected channel. C is to program the scan list. You can scroll through the scan list by using the channel selector knob. If the LED is on for that channel, then it is set to scan. If not, then it will not be scanned. Depending on the button programmed, one of the three buttons on the side should be the button to select/deselect channel to be scanned while in scanning programming mode (C).

Yes! That's EXACTLY how mine is programmed.

Just a question though....what's the difference between the GREEN LED and the RED LED?

Right now I've made all the channels I want to scan have a green and the ones I don't want to scan have NO LED.

What's the red one for?

Thanks.

Nasby

Red is for priority channel. Green is for a channel to be scan with no importance or priority over another channel. Blank or no LED means the channel won't be scanned (guess you knew that one though).

Red is for priority channel. Green is for a channel to be scan with no importance or priority over another channel. Blank or no LED means the channel won't be scanned (guess you knew that one though).

Not necessarily. There are two ways to set up scan with a priority channel. In the RSS, you can make one channel always priority (which I have not done) or have it where the channel selector sets the priority channel (wherever the channel selector is set to during scan is the priority channel, regardless if that selected channel is in the list or not, that is how I have mine set up).

When I go to Pos. C, I use the channel selector to go through the channels in the list. If the LED is OFF, then it is set not to scan. if GREEN, it is set to scan. I have no RED led for scanning. This may be because in the RSS I have it set to the channel selector to select the priority channel during scan.

So it depends on how it is programmed, so snjct2000 may be right for the other programmed way, just not sure how you have it set up, and I am unsure how it works programmed the other way.

UPDATE: I figured I would try it, and snjct2000 is right about what the LED's mean, but only if you have the priority channel set as "FIXED" in the RSS rather than determined by the channel selector.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.