• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola HT1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted240

Hi everyone,
I am looking into buying a Motorola HT1000 for HAM Radio, Civil Air Patrol, and Fire/EMS. My agencies use DPL on some of their frequencies. Do I need to determine the TX and offset of that frequency if I have the DPL? Im sorry if this seems like a dumb question.
Thank you in advance,
KK4PNQ

SCPD

QRT
They should be able to supply you with a sheet of the tx and rx.

Just keep in mind the ht1000 is a analog only radio.

You would want a model that ends with DN.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Do I need to determine the TX and offset of that frequency if I have the DPL?

Yes, you need to know the exact TX and RX frequencies required, as well as the TX and RX PL or DPL. It's all programmed in separately.

Will001

Premium Subscriber
I bought a xts5000 mod.1 VHF for 99 dollars. It has 48 channels and has P25 capabilities...I use it for Civil Air Patrol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Also remember the HT1000 is a 20 year old radio and will only cover up to 16 channels. I know CAP has been attempting to standardize on P25 for the last decade but don't know the current status of that.

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Also remember the HT1000 is a 20 year old radio and will only cover up to 16 channels. I know CAP has been attempting to standardize on P25 for the last decade but don't know the current status of that.

Most CAP repeaters are dual mode FM/P25 that I know of

Project25_MASTR

Most CAP repeaters are dual mode FM/P25 that I know of

I've yet to see one with the vocoder to convert digital in to analog out. Leave it to some 3 letter agency to forget to program their radios with an analog option so everyone is on the same mode.

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Well... those do exist... but what we use are Quantar repeaters that have 2 modes on 1 frequency, for instance a mobile station tries to contact the local base station, but has scratchy audio. The base station tells the mobile station to switch to "digital" (P25). They are still on the same frequency, but on a different mode.

Project25_MASTR

Yea. It's just a option in a Quantar to enable analog access for the channel. There is a vocoder option but it's a separate box that plugs into the V.24 interface IIRC.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Yea. It's just a option in a Quantar to enable analog access for the channel. There is a vocoder option but it's a separate box that plugs into the V.24 interface IIRC.

Most people refer to a Quantar setup for mixed mode operation as dual mode.

The setting is called Modulation Type and CAP's repeaters would be set to Analog/Astro CAI. Analog in/Analog out, P25 in/P25 out.

The box that converts the v.24 stream to analog is a Digital Interface Unit (DIU). These can also contain encryption cartridges which will encrypt/decrypt analog audio to and from the Quantar.

N4KVE

Hi everyone,
I am looking into buying a Motorola HT1000 for HAM Radio, Civil Air Patrol, and Fire/EMS. My agencies use DPL on some of their frequencies. Do I need to determine the TX and offset of that frequency if I have the DPL? Im sorry if this seems like a dumb question.
Thank you in advance,
KK4PNQ
Spend the extra $10 & get a MTS2000. Same RF board, but many more features. Also programs with CPS, which means Windows laptop instead of DOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.