• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola HT1250 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
Hello everybody. I hope everyone is well during this disaster
of an epidemic.
I'm have 2 issues with my HT1250 radios.
1. I cannot get ANY of the front buttons of the side buttons to change ZONE (either short press or long press)
I also can't get any of them to send a SELECTIVE CALL (again short or long press)
The only way to change the ZONE or send a CALL is to go through the menu.

2. When I program one of the radios, as soon as I click on the WRITE TO RADIO,
the radio goes into a very loud monitor mode that can't be turned down with
the volume knob.

Software Is Waris Professional Series 06.12.05

a417

Are the systems able to call thru the menu?

I just used "SPEED SEL CALL" and "SPEED CALL ALERT" from the dropdowns on button P3 and it worked, skipped going thru the menu. I don't recall zone selection ever being an option on conventional HT1250s for a front panel button choice, ours were limited to the top knob.

My proof of concept was a UHF 1250 (...7AN), what is the model number you are working with?

twl911

If I remember right both options you are trying to assign buttons to did not work on older firmware. Are you using older FW?

Last edited:

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
A417, the answer to your question is "Yes". If I go through
the menu both features work. I just figured, since I change
Zones as often as I do, then why not program one of the front
or side keys to do it. However, if I program P1 to Toggle Power,
it works perfect. Once I change the option to Zone, it does
nothing. It doesn't even beep. Change it back and it works fine.
Same with the Call option. This is the case for both the front
and side buttons.

K2NEC

Or if it's enabled in the menu,
Menu>Utilities>Software Ver #
Should be displayed as Rxx.xx.xx

a417

A417, the answer to your question is "Yes". If I go through
the menu both features work. I just figured, since I change
Zones as often as I do, then why not program one of the front
or side keys to do it. However, if I program P1 to Toggle Power,
it works perfect. Once I change the option to Zone, it does
nothing. It doesn't even beep. Change it back and it works fine.
Same with the Call option. This is the case for both the front
and side buttons.

You have a lower version firmware that does not support that configuration, then.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
ouch, yeah you need a special package just to get to 3.01.03 then you could flash to latest.

twl911

I bought one of the first 1250's available in New England in '99 or early 2000, never upgraded firmware, and got around 14 years of problem free use. Only issue was radio call and zone could not be assigned front keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.