• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola HT1250 signaling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielRO

Hi to all of you!
I have 2x HT1250 radios and despite all the efforts I cannot program them to:
1. call eachother when I pres a call-designated button (so not at the beginning or the end of PTT, it is anoying to do that all the time)
2. have an ID listed on the screen when the call is received
3. after the call, I would like that the called radio to send back an acknowledgement so that I know it is in range even if its user is not around to respond.

4. Is there a way to activate ARTS Vertex-like function in HT1250? I see it in the cps menu but I cannot make it active...have asked around but nothing...

Thanks to everybody who can shed some light on these issue, for example post some programming information or screen captures that would be a guid for these issues...
If I can I will do my best to help back with other questions you migt have.

Tahnks so much,
Daniel Pirici
Romania

MaxK98

I am pretty sure what you want here is MDC paging burst. IIRC there is an option also for the radio to acknowledge the page. Unfortunately I have no access right now to the CPS to confirm

I have never tried with two HT1250 so I'm not sure if you need to active MDC-1200 PTT ID to actually decode the sender ID after the page But if the only issue is you don't like the sound of the burst you can use DOS under MDC Signaling to mute 75% of the chirp sound.

For you question about an "ARTS" like feature I cannot say since I have never tried to do it nor ever heard about it for the HT1250. It may be an option boa

This evening I'll have access to the CPS so just reply to this thread if you are not sure how to program MDC paging

danielRO

Dear Max,
Thanks so much for your time!

If you could save some screen captures from programming those options it would be great! I am familiar with GP340 cps but not with the US version...

I would like to be able to call the other radio by defining a lateral button of the radio as a CALL button. If the MDC sound appears only when I want to call the other radio (and not every time I press PTT), it is perfect! And I have no idea how to make the receiving radio acknowledge back the call in this cps:-(((.

Also, if you need some radio stuff just ask me, maybe...
Will be standing by for your message :))

Thanks again,
Daniel
danielpirici@yahoo.com

danielRO

Dear Max,

I have finally figured it out with the MDC radio check signalling. The catch was that the RADIO CHECK call option was not available directly to be assigned to a call button. I have to enter the menu and select Radio Call > Radio Check then press the PTT and send the right MDC code.
Now I have the following question: although I see the called radio replies to each MDC sequence, after a few trials, the calling radio displays "No acknowledge". Why is that since the called radio replies each time?
Could you please send me an email directly too?
Thanks,
Dnaiel

Status
Not open for further replies.