• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

motorola ht1250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
hey guys I have just a few questions. I've got an ht1250 that I am in the prosess of programing. It's the LS model, wich to my understanding is capable of 16/32 conventional or repeater channels. If this is not correct please let me know. But I was wondering about wich cable I should purchase to program it. I have a rib box but have also seen a lot of the USB ribless cables going on ebay for pretty cheap. Has anyone had much luck with such a type of cable? Or should I stick with getting a cable to hook into my RIB? I've programed some of the older mobile and portable radios but never an ht1250. I do have the software for it though thanks to a friend. And also are there any other issues I may have with programing this radio? I've done some research and seen something about "bricking" the radio?? for any of you vetrin ht1250 programers any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Astro25

Go original Motorola (OEM) if you can - however it may be best just to use the cable that requires a RIB. The RIBLESS ones can at times be flaky, and you don't want to brick your radio with the dreaded "EEPROM CS ERROR".

You are correct, there are 16 conventional channels - no MDC signaling.

re: ht1250

Thank you for your reply. I have been looking on ebay and all I can really find for the ht-1250 is the USB cables. Or the other ones that are RIB-LESS cables. One of wich plugs directly into the back of ones PC. So what exactly causes that specific error? Is It just due to using the wrong cable?? And also I am sure it's already been posted... But is there any way to turn the LS model into just a reg ht1250?? If I get 16 channels out of this radio... hey that's great with me. But as always... the more the marrier. But for being free I really can't complain. I found the darn thing on the side of the road lol. AND it still works... I just gotta get past the programing issue.

karfield

If you get the Ribless com port cable make sure it's part number RKN4075, this is the cable that I tend to use and it works just fine as long as you don't program or run WinRSS for VRM's before hand. I'd also generally recomend a computer reset before starting a major batch of programming (just in case). Other than that the cable works fine and dandy and is in fact necessary if you ever want to update the firmware on those radios.

RE:ht1250

I ended up ordering the standard RIB box cable..And I finally got ahold of an updated version of the RSS... RO6.09.06. Though I have not had a chance to run the software yet... as I am wating for it to get here. Does anyone know if I can get 32 channels out of the Ht1250LS? And I am not sure if the software I got is win RSS... please bare with me as I have never programed an ht1250 nor ran the software... I'm a rookie at with the HT1250 as of right now. Not sure how to do the computer reset yet, But Once my software gets here Hopefully I will figure it out. Usually I am pretty good with figuring stuff like that out, But am still seeking advice from those whom have dealt with these radio's before. I'll check on ebay and see about getting that cable too, never hurts to have both. Thanks again for the help/reply. I am sure I'll be posting more on here as time goes by.

RodStrong

I take care of about 250 HT750's and 1250's at my job (mostly 1250's). PM me if you have questions.

Josh

If it's an HT1250LS, you're stuck with no more than 16 conventional channels, and no signaling.

If it's an HT1250 LS+ (note the PLUS), it'll do 32 conventional channels.

A standard HT1250 will do 128 conventional channels, and all signaling available.

These are the limits.... the HT1250LS line is meant to work on LTR or PassPort trunking systems.

-Josh

Re:ht1250

Thanks redstrong, I am sure I will PM you when my software comes. It should be here in the next couple of days. I just want to make sure I don't somehow screw the radio up while in the prosess of programing it. My friend and I are starting a business in out area and I have already set up a radius R-100 repeater with a few mobiles we use in our trucks.. Now i am in the prosess of programing some portables. And I figured I would put this Ht1250 to work.. very seldome does one have the luck of finding one on the side of the road that works lol.

Thanks for your reply to josh. The model numbers on my ht1250 is:
TANAPA:pMUE1509A
VER.No:R02.00.01... (older software)
Model#: AAH25RDHDU6AN

I know it's an ht1250ls but not sure if it's the plus model... the part where it says the model number below the LCD is broken off. I searched on ebay and seen someone who listed the same model number as an LS.

Ht1250

Ok My Ht1250 is def the regular LS... Not the Plus model.

Right now it's programed on an LTR system, Not sure if it's passport tho. Is there anything special I need to do with the CPS to just get the standard 16 channels out of it? Like flash a different codeplug into it? I at least want to be able to use it to access our repeater.

Also I've been doing some google searching and have been reading something about being able to flash a different code plug into the LS model to make it a standard ht1250... Anyone know if this is actually able to be done? And if so... How? I trust that everyone on here has more know how than some of the other forums I've been reading. Thanks again for everyone having the patience to help me out here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.